PDA

View Full Version : New Guy.

strebalicious
02-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Hello. My name is Steve. Currently, I am living in Japan. Stationed over here because I'm in the Navy. Not a bad place at all. :)

I came to this site because the regular DM in the D&D 3.5e group expressed an interest in playing in a game. I decided to tool around with a campaign I had kicking around in my head. Probably use 4e to give it a good amount of fair shakery. I couldn't decide if CC3 was worth it, so I came over here to look for cheap or free alternatives. So here I am, trying out my hand at making maps (in GIMP, for now) and possibly becoming a DM in the not-so-too-far-distant future.

Feralspirit
02-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Welcome, welcome! Look in Tutorials/How to section. RobA's tut on creating artistic regional RPG map will give you a good feel for the software, and he gives intructions for creating totally random map, if that's your desire. I am new to GIMP and digital cartography in general, but that tut really is teaching me a lot...

Cheers, & Happy Mapping!

strebalicious
02-18-2009, 01:58 AM
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I have been using RobA's tutorial a little bit already. Posted some of my results in a thread in the Regional/World forum to track the progress. It is a wonderful tutorial, and it helps me to learn GIMP at the same time. I've already found myself doing little things here and there to tweak the look of things.

Steel General
02-18-2009, 06:18 AM
Welcome Aboard!

NeonKnight
02-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Noooooooo

Come to the Light Side! Use CC3!

Welcome to the guild!