PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

Lute
02-18-2009, 08:44 AM
Just a quick hello to all.

I found this forum trying to figure out how to best create a map I am making for a book I am writing.

I made the basic outline in MS Paint, and then installed GIMP to further tweak it.

After 4-5 hours and a few failed tutorial attempts I am officially "overloaded" and need to step away from it all.

strebalicious
02-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Hello. I'm new to this whole ordeal as well. I did have a few hiccups when I started, getting frustrated if it didn't turn out exactly like the tutorial pics. As long as it wasn't total off, I kind of just keep plugging to get more experience with the process. I also save different files at different stages so if I do something that I absolutely can't fix, I go back to a different save.

Keep chugging at it.

Hoel
02-18-2009, 09:13 AM
Welcome aboard. I hope you'll keep trying.
Post all you've got and we'll sure help you out!

Steel General
02-18-2009, 09:37 AM
Welcome Aboard!

As a former member of the 'Frustration Club' don't worry about it. Just keep working (even if you have to do the same steps several times), once you finally get the hang of it you'll be pleased that you took the time.

NeonKnight
02-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

RobA
02-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Lute-

If you really get desperate, post a request in the map-making request forum.

I'll throw out another suggestion... post a request for a mentor (preferably with a style you like and with the same tools you have) and set up a co-op mapping exercise to help you build your abilities up.

-Rob A>

Ascension
02-18-2009, 07:32 PM
Welcome Lute. Great idea there Rob.

ravells
02-22-2009, 06:48 AM
Welcome to the Guild, Lute! As said previously, keep plugging away at it. Improvement tends to come in bursts after long periods of (apparently) no difference.