View Full Version : Question(s) about Cartography
11-26-2006, 06:47 PM
My name is Zac and I have a question to ask you guys:
I am currently taking a Speech Communication class at Northern Virginia Community College and I'm currently in the process of working on a career/interview speech. As you probably already have guessed, I have chose Cartography. My question is this; could I please ask you a few questions about Cartography? If you can't answer the questions,
could you please direct me to someone who can help me out?
As for the questions, I'll make a follow-up post with them in it.
11-26-2006, 06:48 PM
I will proceed to ask you the following questions:
1. What is your name and your occupation? (location of your job, if desired)
2. Can you please define Cartography?
3. What university did you attend to gain your degree (state which degree it is) at?
4. Besides the university that you named in Question 3, can you name any other universities that have Cartography programs?
4. What are the general job responsibilities for Cartographers?
5. What type of people skills do you need in the field of Cartography?
6. What is your favorite historical Cartography project and why?
7. Name your favorite project and why you liked it?
8. What and why was your most ambitious Cartography project?
9. Can the surrounding community of a proposed project give their two cents into what should and should not happen?
10. Do you have any words of advice and wisdom for a greenhorn who just got into the Cartography field?
Thank you in advance,
11-26-2006, 07:03 PM
Well...before you dig too deep into this...you might want to be aware that most everyone here is into cartography as a hobby for gaming purposes. The site has yet to reach out to actual cartographers...actually if you're wanting to be one you may be the first one.
11-27-2006, 04:04 AM
Cartography here is usually drawing fantasy maps that can be used in roleplaying games. Not sure that is what you are looking for?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.