PDA

View Full Version : New here

philipstephen
02-22-2009, 04:03 AM
Hello.

I am new here but am really enjoying all the work people are putting into this site and appreciate the resources for my d&d game I am running in a world of my own creation... any short cuts to build a scene or setting are very appreciated...

i hope to post some of my world maps in the next little while.

take care,

Phil

ravells
02-22-2009, 06:12 AM
Hi Phil and welcome to the guild! If you're after tutorials on mapmaking, check out the tutorial section. What software do you use? When you talk about building a 'scene' or 'setting' are you referring to small scale maps to use as battlemats?

Steel General
02-22-2009, 06:22 AM
Welcome Aboard!

NeonKnight
02-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

philipstephen
02-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Hi Phil and welcome to the guild! If you're after tutorials on mapmaking, check out the tutorial section. What software do you use? When you talk about building a 'scene' or 'setting' are you referring to small scale maps to use as battlemats?

i suppose a scene would be things like inn's and streets and roads and such - yah, battlemaps - and by settings I mostly mean buildings and towns...

I am mapping out my world on a grand scale first - and developing the particulars as players move their way across the map...

So if I know a village is going to be ahead - I can map it out - or borrow maps to use for the game...

No profit involved, so I hope I am not stepping on anyone's toes...

I just posted my first map, and need to do a lot more work before it is exciting for other people to look at - but have been working in Photoshop Elements - sometimes with a tablet, sometimes with a mouse... depending on my mood.

Phil