PDA

View Full Version : The Halls of Desktopia

Nytmare
02-27-2009, 08:11 PM
I noticed that the competition had started up while I wasn't paying attention and was was not only struck with inspiration, I also saw it as a good excuse to clean off my desktop.

It's been a long time since I sat down with a clean pad of graph paper and just let a map fall kind of fall out. I was going for a simple, old school mindless dungeon crawl map, and think I got exactly what I had been hoping for.

I don't even want to admit how long I sat playing with my icons, making them wander around the map, and imagining them kicking down doors and beating up on the unfortunate dungeon dwelling fauna...

Ascension
02-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Great idea and cool icons. Well done mindless dungeon crawl too :) Actually gives me some ideas.

JoeyD473
02-28-2009, 12:24 AM
This is a nice map, but how is the background igger than the taskbar?

Nytmare
02-28-2009, 12:38 AM
I've got three monitors.

RPMiller
03-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Hehe, I smell a winner. I like that you went to extra length to modify the icons to fit the wallpaper. How cool is that!

Map Vandal
03-05-2009, 03:12 PM
I love your icons. When I first saw them in the dungeon setting, I was reminded of the old arcade game Gauntlet.

Nytmare
03-05-2009, 04:02 PM
I was surprised when I went to go find D&D-esque icons. I remember looking for them about a dozen years ago for another project and finding TONS of little 8 and 16 bit icon sets from a bunch of different sources. Now the only ones I could find were those 4 WoW ones.

The times they are a changin!