PDA

View Full Version : Tu'lorain WIP (Lower left corner)

Lathorien
03-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Here is what i have so far for the "Eastern" Continent, i haven't done rivers yet as you can see but i will post that when i have it done so i can get them passed by the river police :) haven't totally finalized where i am going to put everybody but i have planned an ancient gnomish civilization at war with demon worshipping intellegent Ogres (Oni), musket wielding human and dragonborn samurai fighting a Mind-flayer communist slave state, Cannon-weilding Ogres roaming the open savanna, Hobgoblin Mongols (sounds cliche but i am working on it), Thai/Buddhist Elves in a tropical rain forest. Czarist "northerners" that were once a far colony of the Dragonborn/Human/Dwarven Republic from the "western continent" that lost contact and developed its own culture and sect/church similar to the Roman Catholic and Orthadox split. anywho here are my first steps.

Steel General
03-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Looking good so far.

Ascension
03-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Something about the trees is throwing me off. The terrain looks fabulous but the trees look too .. crisp I think is the word I'm looking for. I can't quite tell if they're beveled or if they have a drop shadow. Maybe blur them a bit to help 'em sink into the terrain more naturally. Otherwise it looks good.

Lathorien
03-08-2009, 08:55 PM
@ Steel General: Thanks!

@ Ascension: Yea i was thinking the same thing, or maybe a larger soft-round brush... a couple test maps i did of a smaller scale didnt have the same issue but i cant remember if i had to blur them... and i forgot to add a drop shadow... that may help. Good eye thanks!

Soixante
03-09-2009, 09:05 AM
How'd you do them mountains? They look great.

Ascension
03-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Fractal Terrains

Lathorien
03-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Fractal Terrains to generate the random height map, Wilbur to erode it "realistically", and then Gimp (or photoshop) to make it "fit into" the map.

NeonKnight
03-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Looks good so far. I enjoy this.