PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

Bk1
03-13-2009, 05:45 AM
Hello eveyone!
I'd like to congratulate with you all for the quality of your products. I've seen really stunning works here.
I'd like to have your gift but nature decided it's not my way. So I'll continue lurking here and hope to be able to use your works to amaze my friends in my D&D campaigns. Of course, full credits are most that deserved!

Steel General
03-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Welcome Aboard!

NeonKnight
03-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Welcome to the Guild!

Korash
03-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Welcome to the CG Bk1

I'd like to have your gift but nature decided it's not my way. So I'll continue lurking here and hope to be able to use your works to amaze my friends in my D&D campaigns. Of course, full credits are most that deserved!

On this I must make a comment ;). What you should do is scroll down on the main page and check out the Tutorial or How-To forum. Find some of the maps that you like there and give the coresponding tuts a shot. As you are working through the stages of a tut, post the Work In Progress (WIP) and the people here are more than willing to help you out with tips and or critiques. In no time you will be eating you words about "no talent", and doing so quite willingly :). I say this as a Draftsman who has been having troubles drawing without a straight edge (and that not for a few decades) but is finding that the computer is a great tool to compensate for that lack of hand-mind coordination.

If you have questioins about which software to use, look through the Software Forumn, as well as the WIP one to find out what ppl are using to create the maps of various styles.

I hope you enjoy your stay here and also to see some of you work

RobA
03-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Welcome to the CG Bk1

On this I must make a comment ;). What you should do is scroll down on the main page and check out the Tutorial or How-To forum. Find some of the maps that you like there and give the coresponding tuts a shot. As you are working through the stages of a tut, post the Work In Progress (WIP) and the people here are more than willing to help you out with tips and or critiques. In no time you will be eating you words about "no talent", and doing so quite willingly :). I say this as a Draftsman who has been having troubles drawing without a straight edge (and that not for a few decades) but is finding that the computer is a great tool to compensate for that lack of hand-mind coordination.

If you have questioins about which software to use, look through the Software Forumn, as well as the WIP one to find out what ppl are using to create the maps of various styles.

I hope you enjoy your stay here and also to see some of you work

Adding to that, I find that ctrl-Z (undo) is the best thing for those without talent! Unlike with physical lmedia, I can draw that one line badly 10 times, if need be without getting (too) frustrated.

-Rob A>

Bk1
03-15-2009, 04:57 AM
Thank you Korash, I'll give it a try. At the moment I've had most successes with Dundjinni. Of course even this program requires skill to be used at its best, but at least I've been able to do some decent maps. Still, browsing through this forum confirmed that I have a long road to walk (or to map). :)