PDA

View Full Version : Hoven (Hˇven)

jaspertjie
03-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Hoven, say Hˇven, is my second largest city on the moment. The shape is based at the city of Tampere (Tammerfors) which is in Finland. I roughly calculated the inhabitants, and I came to +- 40.000

Gandwarf
03-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Wow, must have taken a lot of work. Impressive :)

Some questions out of curiosity:

- Do I see a stadium or circus to the north?
- Why are most of the docks located on an island?

Ascension
03-15-2009, 10:59 AM
Sweet...can't really say much until ya get further along but man, you can really draw a nice city.

jaspertjie
03-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Wow, must have taken a lot of work. Impressive :)

Some questions out of curiosity:

- Do I see a stadium or circus to the north?
- Why are most of the docks located on an island?

Yes it is a circus, look at rome you'll find one there too.
Because it's a military island, and mariniers are stationed there.

Gandwarf
03-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Yes it is a circus, look at rome you'll find one there too.
Because it's a military island, and mariniers are stationed there.

Ah ok.
I thought that many docks meant lots of trade going on there and the merchants in that case probably would have wanted a land connection (otherwise goods would still need to be ferried to the land).

So did you create your own alphabet as well for your cities? As I can see two names on your map.

jaspertjie
03-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Ah ok.
I thought that many docks meant lots of trade going on there and the merchants in that case probably would have wanted a land connection (otherwise goods would still need to be ferried to the land).

So did you create your own alphabet as well for your cities? As I can see two names on your map.

Oh, you don't want to know. I have created my own language: Maraxxian. Also, my land is called Maraxxia. I also have created a symbol alphabet. It is a very simple to learn language, though the words of it look very difficult. If you say something you want me to translate, just say it.

bartmoss
03-17-2009, 07:46 AM
If that's water / sea in the north and south... one might expect canals to connect the two. It's a bit hard to tell whether there are any. If there are none, consider adding some.

jaspertjie
03-17-2009, 10:50 AM
If that's water / sea in the north and south... one might expect canals to connect the two. It's a bit hard to tell whether there are any. If there are none, consider adding some.

That's a thing I left with purpose, because the city would become too small.