PDA

View Full Version : Classic Traveller forums?

isomage
03-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Hi All,

I think several of you play Traveller, so I was wondering if you could recommend any forums or other online communities for the original (little black books) game. I've seen travellerrpg.com, but found it very offputting. Are there any others?

Thanks

icosahedron
04-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi Isomage,
Sorry, I only just noticed this post.
CotI (travellerrpg.com) is ok if you just ignore some of the louder people intent on flaming everything in sight, and just converse with a few good people whilst you dig around for info. There are lots of gems hidden in the archives, and plenty of good guys. :)

I'm not good at providing links, but there are several Yahoo groups including:

Classic-Traveller
CT-Starships
CT-Striker
Deckplans

Actually, there's a couple of those I still need to join. Timely reminder there. :)

There are probably more sites, you'll find some via the Traveller Webring.

Let me know if I can be of any further help. :)

loydb
04-02-2009, 10:01 AM
I've still got my original black books. Nothing like the joy of spending an hour rolling a character who dies at the end of character generation :)

icosahedron
04-02-2009, 02:15 PM
At times like that, Loydb, you have to ask yourself what is most important, playing a good game of Traveller with a character you just rolled up, or blindly obeying a dice roll that says your character just died... ;)

In the last day or so a thread has started at CotI that describes alternative sites, you might check it out, Isomage. (unless you started it :)) Lone Star > Jtas Online, IIRC.

loydb
04-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Part of the fun was trying to get one to live! :)

isomage
05-18-2009, 03:31 AM
edit: nevermind