PDA

View Full Version : Obligatory

overlordchuck
03-23-2009, 06:36 PM
This is my obligatory Pasis-written-tutorial-following map (perhaps we should find a better name for that?). It seems everyone and their mother has tried their hand at it, because it is an amazing tutorial, as signified by the award it won fairly recently. Churned this sucker out in one day, though perhaps that's not much of an accomplishment, since it's only 1024x768. Also found the thread on the Cartographer's Guild compass, which I utilized. Not sure if I like the glow that much.

Steel General
03-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Looks good - though I think that the glow on the compass rose might be a bit overdone

Zaramis
03-23-2009, 07:29 PM
River-police warning, but some of those rivers do not quite make sense, unless there's a huge variation in altitudes in some of those forested areas, leading to rivers running in what appears to be circles ; )

But otherwise, good looking stuff. The mountains appear a little coarse but I like the woodland and water appearances.

overlordchuck
03-24-2009, 12:03 AM
Zaramis - I did part of this in Wilbur and kind of hoped to God that it knew what it was talking about. Also, there are supposed to be a large amount of hills in those forests, though I guess it doesn't show too well.