PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Clock

rlucci
03-29-2009, 01:01 PM
I had some requests from the Paizo boards to do a layout for an encounter area called the Shadow Clock (Pathfinder Adventure Path #2, Skinsaw Murders). The published maps were done by Rob Lazzaretti, who must have been under a deadline or something, because they were less than ideal (but I still have much respect for Mr. Lazzaretti's fine work).

So here's what I came up with. I used a funky perspective to make it feel out-of-balance and leaning (the tower is supposed to be dilapidated and practically ready to fall down at any time).

I gotta' tell you, I'm loving this Sketchup program.

-RLucci

Gandwarf
03-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Another great map rlucci! How much time did you spend on it?

Your recent models have really gotten me into Google Sketchup. I have seen people creating entire fantasy city maps with the program and the end result is amazing. There's a lot of models also available to quickly fill a city.

Steel General
03-29-2009, 03:31 PM
You definitely seem to have 'the touch' with Sketchup - another nice piece.

rlucci
03-29-2009, 03:57 PM
How much time did you spend on it?

It's hard to say as I mixed it up with other stuff I had to do during the day. Umm, I'd say about... 6 hours? Most of that was figuring out an efficient way to make all those stairs. I considered counting them, but feared for my sanity.

Gandwarf
03-29-2009, 04:34 PM
It's hard to say as I mixed it up with other stuff I had to do during the day. Umm, I'd say about... 6 hours? Most of that was figuring out an efficient way to make all those stairs. I considered counting them, but feared for my sanity.

Haha, yeah I saw in a video tutorial that creating stairs can be a bit timeconsuming. And you have a lot of stairs :)