PDA

View Full Version : A Portion of Londor

APStephens
03-31-2009, 10:55 PM
Hello, everyone.

I am new to this site. I worked on a map last weekend for my fantasy novel and thought I would post it up. I will have more maps and such coming soon that I would love to share here.

This map, "A Portion of Londor" covers the area which is traveled over the course of my first book, The Stolen Moon of Londor (to be published soon).

It was hand-drawn by me on an 18 x 24 inch piece of paper, using only a pencil, ruler, and sharpie marker.

The border was kinda messed up when I transferred the image to my computer with my digital camera, so I fixed that up in Microsoft Paint. Hope you guys and gals like it. And I hoped I followed the rules. :)

Ascension
03-31-2009, 11:08 PM
Pretty nice. Welcome and looking to seeing more.

Jegol
03-31-2009, 11:35 PM
That's a really nice map! Nicely hand-drawn.

overlordchuck
03-31-2009, 11:45 PM
Very nice. Have some rep for being a mapper and a soon-to-be-published author.

Naeddyr
04-01-2009, 02:04 AM
Very nice. This is exactly Tolkien's style, isn't it? Classic flavour.

DungeonMasterGaz
04-01-2009, 04:54 AM
Lovely map. Very classic style. Whenever I go to buy a fanasy novel I always check if there's a map, and this would be the sort of thing I would look for. Good luck with the book!

DMG

Gandwarf
04-01-2009, 07:20 AM
Yeah, nice map. As the others said it has a great, classic look to it. It's not too crowded with features either, which is a great plus. Repped!

So what kind of story are you writing, what's it about?

Steel General
04-01-2009, 10:19 AM
First off - Welcome Aboard!

Your map looks very nice and since you uploaded one in your first post, have some 'rep' *bonk*. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

APStephens
04-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

My first novel is what I like to think of as an accessible fantasy. I have a little blurb about it on my site as well as a few pages of the first chapter. Link is below.

http://apstephens.com/writings.htm

Check it out, if you like.

It is a story of brotherhood, loyalty, darkness, action/adventure, and character development.