PDA

View Full Version : *April Fools* Community Leader?

Greason Wolfe
04-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Not that I am complaining about it, but, um, when did I become a Community Leader? I would assume that this is some sort of mistake. If it isn't, well then I feel rather honored as I've only been here a few months. If it is a mistake of some sort, no worries, I'll just assume it will be corrected at some point.

GW

NeonKnight
04-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Because the site is closing down we decided EVERYONE deserves to be a community leader in the closing days!

Steel General
04-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Think about the date GW. :D

Greason Wolfe
04-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Think about the date GW. :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm such an idiot sometimes! Pardon me while I go clean the egg off my face.

:oops:

GW

Karro
04-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Yeah... I noticed a peculiar blue tint to my name, and immediately thought "ha ha ha, boys; very funny"

I'll admit: it brought a smile to my face; it's a good joke!

Greason Wolfe
04-01-2009, 10:35 AM
I honestly wasn't even thinking about the date. It's been a rough couple of days at work. Our inventory has been terrible over the last few months and we finally found the problem. Unfortunately it looks like we're going to have to fire/arrest one of our better working employees today, but that decision hasn't been finalized yet, so needless to say, my mind has been on other things. But yes, a wonderful joke now that I'm thinking about it and well worth the chuckle. Just hope Arcana forgives me for PMing him. :lol:

GW

Gandwarf
04-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Unfortunately it looks like we're going to have to fire/arrest one of our better working employees today, but that decision hasn't been finalized yet, so needless to say, my mind has been on other things.

Well, that person sure is going to remember April's Fools 2009 :P

Greason Wolfe
04-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Well, that person sure is going to remember April's Fools 2009 :P

Yeah, too bad it won't be a joke for them. Oh well, they made their own bed, now they gotta sleep in it so to speak. And now, it's off to work on my WIP. Haven't accomplished anything on it for a few days now and need to make some progress.

GW

torstan
04-01-2009, 11:11 AM
That was beautifully subtle. Good work.

Naeddyr
04-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Now that this has been cleared I'm closing the thread.

This will be added to the FAQ thread as soon as we can bother writing it up.

Karro
04-01-2009, 12:28 PM
In before the thread-lock.

Oh wait, I must've used my godlike CL powers to post anyway.

...wait... I'm confused.... Would the real CL please stand up?

Robbie
04-01-2009, 01:42 PM
I wonder what would happen if I actually gave you lot Community Leader powers instead of titles lol.

Gandwarf
04-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Guys, how do I ban someone?

Gandwarf
04-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Also, how can I get a golden name like that Arcana fellow?

Robbie
04-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Alls ya gotta do is ask!

Gandwarf
04-01-2009, 02:15 PM
ROFL

Guys, how do I change the forum layout? I want to turn this place into a torrent site.

Robbie
04-01-2009, 02:20 PM
you need to go to the admin control panel...its in the administrators manual that you were issued when you were granted admin permissions.

joćo paulo
04-01-2009, 03:05 PM
We do this here at work, everyone will head for a day.

Good to dismiss one poor fellow that you do not like>:)

Greason Wolfe
04-01-2009, 04:05 PM
It's all good, and I'm still getting a chuckle out of this. See what lack of sleep does to a person? :twisted:

GW

StillCypher
04-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Hilarious, guys! ::still laughing::

Thanin
04-01-2009, 05:30 PM
lol. Nice

Ascension
04-01-2009, 06:07 PM
I've got to admit I fell for it too. My bookmark for the site is the main page, not the forum page, and it lists all new posts there. I saw this and was freaked the hell out until I started seeing everyone with gold names and then I was like "What the hell?!! Oh, wait. Now I get it...stupid me".

Gandwarf
04-01-2009, 06:15 PM
For about a minute I thought something had gone wrong as well. I was looking at a thread with some people posting who have not been really active, but who were suddenly community leaders. I thought they were returning from exile or something :P
Then when I noticed I was community leader I LOL-ed at work. I knew it was a joke then, although I did try and find some new options/special powers. Alas :)

I don't think Arcana should really try out an experiment where everyone has administrator rights :D
There's many decent people here, but power corrups really... heh.

Robbie
04-01-2009, 06:42 PM
I could honestly go for making all people with more than 5 posts into moderators...worse that could happen is a bunch of threads would get deleted or closed and maybe some vengeful banning...could be fun?!?

I'm REALLY glad everyone was able to have a laugh about all this. Doesn't appear to be any hurt feelings yet, except maybe Gandwarf's since he's not figuring out his special powers.

Who knows...maybe his quick-to-respond nature might put him on the list for future CL duties...nah...doubt it lol!!!

Gandwarf
04-02-2009, 03:47 AM
Who knows...maybe his quick-to-respond nature might put him on the list for future CL duties...nah...doubt it lol!!!

The power would be too much for me to handle.

No, I pass the test.
I will diminish and go into the West, and remain Gandwarf.