PDA

View Full Version : And the sub rank-amature says, "Howdy"

Troyminator
04-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Hello everyone;

I've been RPG'ing for almost 30 years. Most of the maps I have made for various games are either mined from the internet, come with the store bought game, or hand drawn.

When ProFantasy put a basic mapper with one of the D&D editions, I got it and it blew my brain trying to learn how to use it. In fact, I never did learn how to use it.

I have heard good things about Campaign Cartographer 3, so I hope to puchase it soon along with City Builder Pro and start mapping a Megopolis for my own home brewed D&D 4th edition.

Wow, I pop in to say hi and end up writing a novel.

Be well!

Ascension
04-02-2009, 08:21 PM
I do that a lot as well...just start rambling on and on and on... Anyway, welcome to The Guild and don't hesitate to post up anything you've done in the past or recent past. Obviously, the best place to start is with the tutorial section -- see what grabs your eye and what is based on the software that you have and then get crackin. Or else you'll be swabbin the decks :)

NeonKnight
04-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Welcome to the guild.

The tool set for CC3 is the same basically as the scaled down version that came in the D&D Core Rules that came out years ago (I had it somewhere, but I doubt I still have it).

If you do decide to go with CC3, I highly recommend following the tutorials that come with the software, as well as what can be found here.

And of course, feel free to ask questions.

Steel General
04-03-2009, 08:22 AM
Welcome Aboard!