PDA

View Full Version : Town project

Jykke
04-07-2009, 01:10 PM
I decided to start a new thread on my sub-project regarding the Clan Imbe Grounds -map. I did some models for the city with vue, but as it has pretty limited modelling capabilities, I decided to use a more suitable program for the building creation task. I'll be posting town layout here later on, but here's a quick render of a building model (quite limited textures at this point) I've managed to put together. Previous version can be found from the main project's thread in regional mapping section. EDIT: Btw, the thing in the middle of the wall isn't a door.. maybe I should make that more obvious :).. and there is no "terrace" going around the house, atleast not just yet. More to follow!

Steel General
04-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Looks pretty good already - what program did you use?

Jykke
04-07-2009, 01:23 PM
It was done with trial version of 3d max studio. BTW, there is a good site for students from autodesk (http://students.autodesk.com/), where you can get free student versions of autodesk software. There seemed to be a tool for nearly every modelling task you could think of.

Jykke
04-07-2009, 01:27 PM
And it's a bit more neat looking than my previous test with vue 7:

Gandwarf
04-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Did you try Sketchup as well?

Jykke
04-07-2009, 02:05 PM
I have tried Sketchup before, but it somehow felt a bit akward to use :) But I know some people have had quite good results with it. The main reason for not using sketchup is that I have to be able to integrate these models to a landscape scene. Not sure if it would be possible to use sketchup models for that purpose.

Jykke
04-08-2009, 06:43 AM
New version.

Thorf
04-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Great! It's starting to look really nice.

You know, I'm not sure about the railing... I don't think they normally have them. I can see how it might look a bit weird without it, though. Hmm...