PDA

View Full Version : CWBP Image Map

industrygothica
04-17-2009, 11:12 PM
Thanks to Arcana configuring whatever it was that needed configuring, I was able to code the image map (http://cwbp.cartographersguild.com/index.php?title=Project_Overview) for the CWBP.

I didn't know if it'd be best to link to the forum entries or the wiki entries, so I finally settled on the forum entries, but that can be changed with minimal effort. It can also be placed on a page of its own, if you all would rather... or whatever. It's pretty configurable. Let me know!

Thanks again, Arcana! Couldn't have any of this without you.

-IG

Steel General
04-17-2009, 11:13 PM
Cool Beans IG! *BONK*

Robbie
04-18-2009, 12:55 AM
Eh, I deserve negative rep for taking so long to get it done lol. But you're welcome ;)

Koor
04-18-2009, 01:13 AM
Eh, I deserve negative rep for taking so long to get it done lol. But you're welcome ;)

Done!

There ya go!

ravells
04-18-2009, 10:16 PM
Really cool! Thanks for all your hard work IG! you're tireless on the CWBP!!

joćo paulo
04-19-2009, 11:56 AM
And the other regions outside, where they are to be mapped?

industrygothica
04-19-2009, 02:07 PM
And the other regions outside, where they are to be mapped?

They'll be opened up after Ansium is more complete, if I recall correctly. A search through the CWBP forums should answer your questions.

-IG

NymTevlyn
04-19-2009, 02:22 PM
There any chance of getting alt tags added to the image map with the name / tile of each region?

industrygothica
04-19-2009, 02:33 PM
There any chance of getting alt tags added to the image map with the name / tile of each region?

Umm.. they're already there, at least for the areas that have already been mapped and named. Can you not see them? Strange, the alt tags display just fine for me.

If it just says "Area 3" or whatever, then there's nothing done up for that area yet. You'll notice that the link for those areas just goes to the main area of the CWBP forums as well, instead of a particular map's thread. Mapped areas have an alt tag with the region name, and link back to the originating thread in the CWBP forums.

-IG

NymTevlyn
04-19-2009, 03:04 PM
I was looking for all the information in one place. I was trying to figure out how 24 was below 16 and 27 up at the top right. Just wanted to have all the map numbers included.

Redrobes
11-14-2009, 05:30 PM
I have updated the Image Map now in the CWBP. IG you might have to tie up some loose ends like pointing your #27 at the thread about it when your ready. There's the alt tags and whatever else too. Not sure what should go in them.

industrygothica
11-14-2009, 06:40 PM
I have updated the Image Map now in the CWBP. IG you might have to tie up some loose ends like pointing your #27 at the thread about it when your ready. There's the alt tags and whatever else too. Not sure what should go in them.

Excellent. We'll have to get the new areas named before I can change the alt tags.

Took me a bit to make out what all those little bitty squares were, then I realized that you'd overlaid all the city maps in their respective spots on the regional maps. Good stuff! Now you need to record it all in ViewingDale so we can see Ansium in action! ;)

Where'd the new map of the Luwath Peninsula come from? Haven't seen any updates on that since we first started this project.

-IG

Redrobes
11-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Took me a bit to make out what all those little bitty squares were, then I realized that you'd overlaid all the city maps in their respective spots on the regional maps. Good stuff! Now you need to record it all in ViewingDale so we can see Ansium in action! ;)

Oh its all in there - at least everything that I can get my grubby mits on. If I zoomed into Port Magalie then there would be a burning ship on the map ;)

This overview map has always been a save from the app. Its not often that the cities are large enough that they can be seen all that easily tho.

Oh and I should say that for anyone who has a copy (read iso I think...) and wants a copy of the CWBP then gimme a buzz.

Where'd the new map of the Luwath Peninsula come from? Haven't seen any updates on that since we first started this project.

Actually I dont know. I see the threads go by and add to the map as and when I can.

Is it this one: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5759

My index is always on my sig. All the maps ought to be somewhere in there.

EDIT -- Oh I have just been reminded of the now infamous "horses ass" video too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKYU2gcsaoQ

industrygothica
11-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Wow... I hadn't realized how well those images scaled together until you put them together like that. I didn't do a half bad job! ;)

I'd never seen that video before. Funny, funny stuff right there.

I added the latest image of the Luwath Peninsula to the wiki entry, so now it finally has a bit of color to it. As time permits, I'll pick an area and make sure we've got the latest info and get it all together, and then compile something outlining what still needs to be done.

Thanks for all your work on this.

-IG

Redrobes
11-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Yes your stuff - well your maps and the other maps in your sector have excellent scaling and they all seem to fit together real well.

I mailed the vid to Monks as a demo who shoved it up. Its been referred to by the horse thing ever since. I didn't think to zoom in on something else. In a shameless retort, I made another zooming onto some barmaids boobs but that never got air time for some reason....

industrygothica
11-15-2009, 08:10 AM
Yes your stuff - well your maps and the other maps in your sector have excellent scaling and they all seem to fit together real well.

I mailed the vid to Monks as a demo who shoved it up. Its been referred to by the horse thing ever since. I didn't think to zoom in on something else. In a shameless retort, I made another zooming onto some barmaids boobs but that never got air time for some reason....

There is no justice in this world.

-IG