PDA

View Full Version : April-May: Shrine of the Mother

ukgpublishing
04-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Hi All

Just thought I post progress so far on my entry for the Mini Comp.

I'm submitting a small druidical shrine to the Mother Goddess, ole Mother Nature Herself. The structure is a small shirine set in a woodland setting, with broad statue lined avenue leading to the steps of the shrine, a raised dias has another large statue of the Goddess along with braziers and urns. To the rear of the shrine a pond sits in idylic surroundings.

Just got to put some doors on and fill the interior chambers now.

Later all.

ravells
04-19-2009, 01:21 PM
Yay! Another entry, and a really nice one too! I really like the texture blending of the edge of the path leding up to the shrine. The repeats in the grass texture is showing a bit though - maybe put a grunge layer on top and lower the opacity a bit? You're using CC3 I think? If you go to the quicklinks tab at the top and select 'edit your details' there is now a box in which you can put in the software you're using which really helps people C&Cing maps.

Xyll
04-20-2009, 10:56 AM
This looks really good. I like the fish in the pond and the statues. I was just wondering if the black lines are gonna be rooms?

Steel General
04-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Coming along nicely.

ukgpublishing
05-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Ok well I finished it, managed to de-pattern the grass somewhat and put the furnishings in the priests/druids quarters of the shrine. Plus I added some more fluff to the exterior map.

Hope you all like

John

### Latest WIP ###

Ascension
05-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Very rich looking, nice work.

industrygothica
05-08-2009, 03:28 PM
I know you said you're finished, but I might suggest putting in a scale bar or something. At first glance I assume a typical 5-foot square, but that'd make the bed nearly 12 feet long... not to mention the size of that axeblade!

Just my .02.

-IG

ukgpublishing
05-09-2009, 01:56 PM
I know you said you're finished, but I might suggest putting in a scale bar or something. At first glance I assume a typical 5-foot square, but that'd make the bed nearly 12 feet long... not to mention the size of that axeblade!

Just my .02.

-IG

Hehe, added a quick scale marker. The pattern on the marble floor is misleading as each 5 x 5 square has 4 tiles in it, so easy to see how that could make the scale look large.

The axe is a bit big, but not by a long shot.

### Latest WIP ###