PDA

View Full Version : April Entry: [Region 1][Map 12] [Town 5] - The Orchards

Map Vandal
04-20-2009, 11:54 AM
This is just a place holder for now, but I have a craving for some Underhill Pecans!

Steel General
04-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Whohoo! More entries... :)

joćo paulo
04-20-2009, 08:52 PM
I like the woods:)And these spiders.

RobA
04-20-2009, 09:34 PM
hmmm for some reason the forest in the upper right hand corner seems to have a different perspective! Almost looks like it it curling up out of the page, to me!

-Rob A>

Ascension
04-21-2009, 09:16 AM
This is a really interesting style and perspective...I like it bunches.

Steel General
04-21-2009, 09:24 AM
I see what RobA is saying, it does look a bit weird. But overall this is a really nice job.

FYI: If you wanted a tie-in with the CWBP pantheon the Leaf Tenders could easily be part of the Church of Zamora - Goddess of Agriculture, etc. and patron deity of Halflings / Kender / Warrows / etc.

Map Vandal
04-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Thanks guys. The land moving towards the upper right of the page is supposed to be going uphill. At least that was my intention.

ravells
04-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Wow....all I can say is wow!

It's like a mixture of 3dwork and 2d stuff. I absolutely love it. I hope to see more (although I do agree about the curly forest)

Map Vandal
04-23-2009, 07:03 PM
I tried to fix the perspective a little on the forest in the upper right hand corner.

Let me know if this looks any better to you guys.

### Latest WIP ###

Ascension
04-23-2009, 07:17 PM
They look fine to me. The whole thing looks really damn cool, you should do more like this but the fir trees kind of look static/orderly out in the fields (the ones by the road are fine). I snagged this for my Inspiration folder, probably the best compliment I can give.

Map Vandal
04-24-2009, 12:17 PM
They look fine to me. The whole thing looks really damn cool, you should do more like this but the fir trees kind of look static/orderly out in the fields (the ones by the road are fine). I snagged this for my Inspiration folder, probably the best compliment I can give.

I am honored to have made the inspiration folder. Glad you like it.

I do agree that some work could go into some of the trees but at this late hour I won't have any time to change it before the contest ends.

ravells
04-24-2009, 05:13 PM
It is a beauty! Something looks a bit wrong with the fir trees in the deciduous forest in the foreground....don't know what it is, but that is a very minor, minor crit for what is a wonderful map.

Oh man, can I give you two votes too?

This is going to be such a hard comp to vote on.

Ascension
04-27-2009, 11:24 PM
Dude, you gotta hook us with a tut on how to do this...this is sweet. The lil horse and the houses...awesome stuff.