PDA

View Full Version : my second map using PS

Aleron
04-22-2009, 12:42 PM
i must say im pretty happy with it.

used Ascension's tutorial in order to make it and then added some of my own stuff like the compass.

its not done.. still needs roads, towns/villages, and names for landmarks etc.

but i thought id see some CnC before i kept going :)

let me know what you think...

Gandwarf
04-22-2009, 01:43 PM
You have learned a lot in a short time I think. It's a good looking map.
The only comment I have for now is that you have some lakes that are not connected to the ocean. This is unusual, they tend to drain away.

Bohunk
04-22-2009, 02:07 PM
I would be happy with it too. Good looking map!

Aleron
04-22-2009, 02:23 PM
You have learned a lot in a short time I think. It's a good looking map.
The only comment I have for now is that you have some lakes that are not connected to the ocean. This is unusual, they tend to drain away.

good to know thanks. i didn't think about the lakes draining into the ocean, although now that i think of it, it makes perfect sense :)

thnx for the comments :)

Blaidd Drwg
04-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Very nice work, Aleron. I'm looking forward to seeing more :)
I agree with Gandwarf that some rivers from the lakes to the oceans are a good idea ;) It's not at all impossible though, if enough water evaporates. I believe the Dead Sea and the Aral Sea (what little is left of it) are examples of such endorheic basins.
I'm not so fond of those red, shiny labels you used. They look a bit too gaudy, for my taste.

*reps*

Steel General
04-22-2009, 03:26 PM
I like it, the only thing that looked a bit off to me (I am being lax on my river police duties here) is the mountain on the island between Tarlin and Korinthia looks a bit weird where the white carries right to the western coast. Not a big deal really but you may want to think about tweaking that a bit.

Aleron
04-22-2009, 04:31 PM
thanks everyone for your input.

I'm not so fond of those red, shiny labels you used. They look a bit to gaudy, for my taste.

i agree with you about the big superbold red country names. they have been changed.... see? :)

im still working on the rivers. no time right now but ill get to it :P

Ascension
04-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Looks good to me. The only thing I might think about is the numerous giant inland seas but that's a minor thing...if you dig them then go with it.

Aleron
04-22-2009, 11:17 PM
Looks good to me. The only thing I might think about is the numerous giant inland seas but that's a minor thing...if you dig them then go with it.

ya i kinda like them :)

thanks very much for the tutorial btw. it was very easy to follow

Sealink
06-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Just a small comment; isn't it "Strait"?

Otherwise, it looks great :D

ravells
06-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Very nice indeed! I can't say I'm crazy about the symbols you've chosen for the cities (I'd have gone with something a little more understated so they don't overpower the map) but I think that's just a personal taste thing.