PDA

View Full Version : My 1 map. My world project ^^

arkenaya
04-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Hii. Im working in a world and of course on his maps.

Actualiced on post 6.

Now I starting to do a global map . I use it to do the diferent regions maps.
The world is a Fantasy one with dragon people. Each continet is for a tipe of a dragon. The center island and the next islands are for the fire dragons . The large continent is for the earth but the part on the left is for the wind. The rest lands are neutral. And the oceans are for the water dragons .

I draw it by hand but I want to redo it in photoshop. For the moment is only a sketch.
But first i appreciate if you can help with the bugs.
I only put mountains, rivers and lakes (maybe a lot of rivers?) I try to do the ocean currents too but im not sure if they are right XD

Thank you so much for all.
Pd: Sorry for my bad english T^T If someone knows Spanish i Talk about my project inthis blog (heresuntdragones.blogspot.com)

Sigurd
04-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Hey Arkenaya,

Welcome to the site.

Your map looks pretty good to me. I don't know how you're going to digitize it so I took the liberty of expanding the central image to 5000 px across and 300 dpi.

I think I missed two islands in the upper north west.

This is the sort of thing I'd like to start with so I hope its useful. Its already a better world map than some I've seen :).

Have some rep!

arkenaya
04-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Thank you very much. I make a photo to the draw because i use a A3 paper to draw it ... T_T too big for the scaner. I want to make it bigger when i redraw it on the computer and more clear, I think when i put colours on it It will be better XD.

And thank you for the wellcome.

Ramah
04-27-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm not exactly sure what it it is that I'm looking at but I like it already. :)

Ascension
04-27-2009, 10:07 PM
This looks like a really good start. I think that the ocean currents are not necessary unless you intend to do a full scale climate research project. I say, put a desert where you want it as long as it is some place that is hot. So far, so good and welcome :)

arkenaya
04-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Thank you so much for the coments.

Sigurd: Wow in color too thank you ^^

Ascension. well, I want to do a full scale climate reseach project XD. I want to do a entire world not only the maps, his history, races, characers , etc.
But thank you so much for the advice.
Today I redraw it in photoshop, I do the coast more rougnes and add some islands . Tomorrow I will draw the mountains.

Sigurd
04-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Very pretty Ark.

Looks good. I wonder if its possible to come up with a colour scheme that changes the river colours as it changes the land?

Good luck

Steel General
04-29-2009, 07:19 AM
The 'continent' in the south-west is definitely interesting in shape.

Looking forward to seeing this progress.

Naeddyr
04-29-2009, 08:29 AM
Looking good there.

But if you're doing a world map, it would be best to start thinking about Cartographic projection (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartographic_projection) as early as possible. Adding it lateron will just end in tears. I suggest studying equirectangular (Plate carre, geographic, etc.), because it is in computerised maps a lot.

arkenaya
04-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Sigurd: Thanks you . I don't know if I understand you corret , sorry . You say that the color of the rivers would be diferent in each land? If its corretc it may be a pretty idea. The rivers colors depends on the land minerals.

Steel General: Thank you I like it too. Im want to do something like north of canada.

Naeddyr: Thank you for the advice. Now Im goint to try to do it . I think the equirectangular may be a good projection too in my map because I dont have a lot of lands on polar regions.

ravells
05-01-2009, 07:03 PM
I love the shapes of the landmasses. Take one look at it and you know it wasn't drawn by some generating programme. The shapes are so elegant and individual, they remind me of bats.

I can't wait to see how you texture this beauty. i wish I could draw maps like this already.