PDA

View Full Version : My neverending mapping project

Zong
04-27-2009, 07:55 PM
So I finally worked up enough courage to post this. This is the most recent version of a map I've been working on for a couple of years. It started in paint but since then I have remade it in PS.
This forum has given me tons of inspiration and without it I would never have managed to get this result.
So thanks all and I'm looking forward to reading your comments.

NeonKnight
04-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

Love the map, and Love the NeverWinter Nights Font!

Ascension
04-27-2009, 09:43 PM
I like this a lot, very clean and "atlasy". Rivers look good, fjords look good, mountains look cool. The font, while cool, is too tied to the game in my opinion, but hey, that's my 2 cents and is the only thing that I'd change. This is a really nice looking map. All that's left are roads, borders, and cities...keep em simple and "atlas-style" and this will be a knock out.

Bohunk
04-27-2009, 11:07 PM
I love the map. Glad you posted this; very impressive.

Eilathen
04-28-2009, 02:12 AM
In the words of Barney : Le-gen-daary :D

Beautiful map. I love it. Have some rep.
I hope we will see more of your works!

Naeddyr
04-28-2009, 03:04 AM
Awesomerifficasticitipated map you got there! Good work there.

pasis
04-28-2009, 03:04 AM
This one sure is good looking piece. Definitely worth rep.

Clercon
04-28-2009, 03:40 AM
Really nice map. I like it a lot. As mentioned before...now we're just waiting for roads, cities and boarders. Keep up the good work :-)

Steel General
04-28-2009, 06:40 AM
Welcome Abaord!

Have some more rep for uploading a map (and a nice one at that) in your first post. *bonk*

Gandwarf
04-28-2009, 07:26 AM
Yep, agreed with the others. Very cool map!

It could be my eyes, but I to me the mountains seem to float a bit above the map. I noticed this problem in other maps as well, so probably it's just me.

landorl
04-28-2009, 11:54 AM
This makes for a great first impression. Welcome aboard!

Zong
04-28-2009, 12:55 PM
Thanks all I really appreciate it :).
I have placed a few cities but they're hard to see in this resolution, the original map is four times as big.
I also have a city map I want to show you, the capital of Kardoma if you can find that on the map.

Zong
04-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Just for contrast here's how it started some years ago in paint. You can still see the resemblance.

bartmoss
04-29-2009, 02:25 AM
Great map, Zong. There are three river problems I can spot:

- In the west, somewhat northwest of the "Baragas Bukten" bay, there's a river which doesn't go anywhere, it just stops in the middle of the countryside.

- A similar issue exists with a river in the north east of the "Great Plains".

- In the very north-east there are some rivers that connect two coasts. I am assuming this is supposed to be "overflow" from the icy sea to the southern oceans; probably inspired by the great lakes & st lawrence river in the US. However at this scale doesn't look very realistic anyway. You may wish to replace them with channels instead.

Eilathen
05-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Hey Zong,

I was wondering...is there some history to this world you'd be willing to share with us. Talk about the different realms and its people ... and so on?

I'd really like to hear some of it...to fill this world with images. Would be nice.

On top of it, would you be willing to share your ps-file with me? For personal use only (I am an enthusiastic roleplayer and like to world-hopp :) ).

I would have written you a PM but it seems you have this option disabled.

Cheers
Eilathen

Gandwarf
05-02-2009, 01:57 PM
I would have written you a PM but it seems you have this option disabled.

That option only opens up after 5 posts I think, to repel the spambots.

Zong
05-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Hi Eilathen, I have a lot of the history of this world thought out but nothing written down sadly, and on top of that I keep changing things.
I should really start writing things down and if I do I promise to post it here.

I don't know if I want to share the PS file with you as there's still a lot of things I want to add or change, I'll have to think about it.