PDA

View Full Version : April/May - A One Story Building Entry - Mages House

mox404
04-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Here is Silmar the mages house. I used Google Sketchup to model the house. Most of the other objects and textures I found at the Dundjinni forums, and did some adjustments and fine tuning in Photoshop.

I read all the suggestions in my previous thread and made the changes to my mages's house. As much a I liked the first version the suggestions did make it better, so thank you to all who offered their ideas.

Ascension
04-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Good stuff, it's nice to know how many different programs can be used to whip up something pretty cool.

icosahedron
05-01-2009, 05:12 AM
Looking good. I like the way everything meshes together in a coherent style - much better than my collection of imports. Did you draw the elements yourself?

Just one point of practicality - in a small cottage like this, the stove would provide more than adequate heat and has the added practicality that you can just drop a pot or kettle on it whenever you need to. If the house had a hearth at all, it would be in the bedroom.

However, since the corridor serves no obvious purpose, I think the bedroom might be enlarged and the stove moved across so that it backs onto the bedroom, conducting heat through the wall and removing the need for a fireplace at all.

That's just architectural nitpicking though; it's a really nice map. :)

mox404
05-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the suggestions Icosahedron. I really liked the one about removing the hallway and making the bedroom larger, which I did. I also moved the stove next to the bedroom. I understand what you are saying about the fireplace, but I like the way it looks. Again thanks for the suggestions they did make the map better.

Steel General
05-01-2009, 05:17 PM
Well done...

ravells
05-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Looking absolutely superb with the brigher colours and the changes. Really well done!