PDA

View Full Version : Hello, good to be here!

Leftahead
04-30-2009, 10:57 PM
Hi, everyone-

Lefty here. I'm a game store owner and long-time gamer (30+ years at this point!). I've never been much of a mapper, so I found about this resource from another gamer who recommended it as a place to learn more and also D/L maps for use in play.

The quick glance I've had has revealed quite a bit of fascinating stuff in what looks like a pretty low-key and friendly community, a nice change from some of the other gaming boards I've looked at. :D

I'm looking forward to a thorough browsing and asking lots of questions before I'd ever attempt to pass off my graph-paper chicken scratches (not much changed since Blue Box basic, alas) as actual 'cartography'!

-Lefty

Gamerprinter
04-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Welcome to the Guild, Leftahead!

Well, we want to see your chicken scratch so we can have a better idea on how to help you make a better one! Its the fastest way to learn how. You post, we critique and direct you to a better map.

What software do you use, or plan to use?
What kind of style of map do you prefer: hand-drawn, vector maps, painterly style, 3D, realistic?

Answer those questions and we can give a head start to really get you going.

We have a list of many useable mapping and other graphics apps to create great maps. We have a tutorial section with some of the best mapping tutorials anywhere. Visit the finished map forums and the WIP forums. Lots to do here!

Again, welcome and hope we can share ideas!

GP

Ascension
04-30-2009, 11:08 PM
Welcome and enjoy your browsing, a stewardess will be around shortly offering overpriced drinks and peanuts. Post up some of those chicken scratches; we here love the old school hand drawn stuff since we all do that still just to bring back the memories.

Steel General
05-01-2009, 08:38 AM
Welcome Aboard!

NeonKnight
05-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

ravells
05-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Scratchy Chicken maps! Now there's a new style we're all just waiting to see!!!

Post lots of maps and we'll tell you how wonderful they are (unless they arn't in which case we'll give you some honest, helpful and constructive advice).

Enjoy your stay!