PDA

View Full Version : Kelunia

StarRaven
05-05-2009, 02:45 AM
Okay, replaced the over-sharpened city icons with nicer ones, which also haven't been resized. I also finished labeling everything.

So anyway, this map is for a fantasy/horror story that a friend and I are co-writing. I also think that I'll need to map the city Zéphyra since a great deal of the action takes place there and I feel like I need a better reference.

Drawn in Photoshop. :) Almost everything on this map (except the mountains - I drew all of them by hand...) I drew in another document and made into brushes. I'm trying to come up with a way to make the mountains into brushes, because they're pretty time-consuming....

Ascension
05-05-2009, 03:26 AM
Looks pretty darn nice to me. If you really want to fill that space then I'd suggest either small hills, some rivers, or more trees but I don't think you need them...looks fine as is and you don't want to clutter it up. Very nice.

Gandwarf
05-05-2009, 03:55 AM
Wow, this is a pretty map! I really like the symbols you used. Especially the mountains are very well done. One of the better maps I have seen on this forum for the last couple of weeks :)

I wouldn't fill the empty space, as the map would feel to crowded I think. And please do map the city :)

Have some rep!

Ramah
05-05-2009, 06:43 AM
Another great map. And I agree with the other guys, there's really no need to take the mountains to the coastline, it looks fine as it is.

Steel General
05-05-2009, 06:52 AM
Yup, also have to agree - other than Ascensions's suggestions about possibly adding small hills, etc. between the mountains and the shore - I don't see anything that this map really needs.

Nice job. :)

Ascension
05-05-2009, 06:53 PM
I like the new trees and the added hills are good too since they don't clutter it up.

Gandwarf
05-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Agreed, the new trees are better.

elemental_elf
05-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Beautiful map! :)

landorl
05-05-2009, 11:17 PM
First of all... WOW!

The only suggestion that I could make is for the settlement symbols... They seem just a little too crisp when compared to the other symbols. I might suggest a very small amount of blur placed on them.

Steel General
05-06-2009, 07:21 AM
I'll just go ahead and add my agreement that the new trees are better.

One thing that did kinda 'jump out at me' (and it might just be me), is that the hills and mountains seem "thick and heavy" compared to the rest of the map. Maybe lessen/lighten the shading on them a bit? *shrugs*

StarRaven
05-07-2009, 12:12 AM
First of all... WOW!

The only suggestion that I could make is for the settlement symbols... They seem just a little too crisp when compared to the other symbols. I might suggest a very small amount of blur placed on them.

Yeah, I sharpened some of them too much, accidentally. I think I've fixed it now, and thank you for pointing it out to me!

I'll just go ahead and add my agreement that the new trees are better.

One thing that did kinda 'jump out at me' (and it might just be me), is that the hills and mountains seem "thick and heavy" compared to the rest of the map. Maybe lessen/lighten the shading on them a bit? *shrugs*

Thanks for pointing that out! I noticed that myself.... I meant to draw everything on the map in that same 7 px calligraphy brush, but some things, especially the trees, just didn't work out that way. The brush ended up being too big for them, so I had to use a smaller brush. I've replaced most of the settlement symbols with un-resized ones, I hope that makes it look a little more consistent!

ironmetal250
05-07-2009, 12:23 AM
I really love the colors you used, and the paper-like texture you used for the background. I wouldn't change anything, except for obviously adding the names of villages/towns when you have them.

Good job, rep added

StarRaven
05-08-2009, 12:50 AM
I really love the colors you used, and the paper-like texture you used for the background. I wouldn't change anything, except for obviously adding the names of villages/towns when you have them.

Good job, rep added

Ha... yeah, I think I forgot a few of them. Thanks for the comment and the rep! :D

(Also, your psychedelic dancing dinosaur threatens to devour my brain. I must look away now.)

Ramah
05-08-2009, 08:29 AM
I think I'll go against the flow and say I preferred the first trees.

There looks to be two settlements of some kind in the big forest but they are very hard to make out, blending in with the forest.

Still, love the map.