PDA

View Full Version : [taken]-[paid]Paying Job -Work-For-Hire- RPG -CONFLICT MAPS

ConflictRPG
05-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Heya Cartographers,

I have attached and example of what we are looking for. This map is not licensed to us and therefore we cannot use it for commercial use. However, it serves as a terrific example of the style of map we are looking for. I am really looking for high resolutions that will work with poster-sized prints. The cartographer will need to be skilled in adobe products (photoshop, illustrator). The cartographer must have his own textures and objects that can be used commercially.

The attached map has a few features that match what we are searching for.
They include:
• In Color
• Fantasy setting
• distinguishable ‘sides’ of the map of roughly the same size. (Players in the CONFLICT game system are separated in teams.)
• A physical divide between sides (walls, buildings, etc )
• high ground (buildings, hill etc…, this map isn’t the best example of that.)
• Multiple entries and exits ( not into or out of the map but to the center or common ground)

Project Scope:

If you are interested, this would be a typical work-for-hire agreement where you are paid for your work and the company retains the rights to the item produced.

If the right person is found, Conflict Games is willing and able to commission any where from 1 to 5 maps base on your schedule and ability.

If you feel you are a match contact us at ConflictRPG @ conflictRPG .com

Cheers,
Conflict RPG
Vist our Beta Website (http://blog.ourepicstory.com)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ravells
05-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Piece of cake for many of our cartographers here. I think you should get a good response to this. How big is 'poster sized'? Are you talking 300 dpi resolution?

One more question: Must the output be as a .psd or .ai file or can authors use Gimp / inkscape (or any other software) instead? If you allow Gimp/inkscape at least you'll have a lot more takers.

Nomadic
05-05-2009, 05:03 PM
I would be interested, however I need to go back through my library and make sure things are ok for commercial use (most of them are from the dundjinni free objects library so they should be fine). Here's one example of my work. I can do just about any other style too and could whip up a style like you want here if you would like.

ConflictRPG
05-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Piece of cake for many of our cartographers here. I think you should get a good response to this. How big is 'poster sized'? Are you talking 300 dpi resolution?

One more question: Must the output be as a .psd or .ai file or can authors use Gimp / inkscape (or any other software) instead? If you allow Gimp/inkscape at least you'll have a lot more takers.

Glip/inkscape or photoshop would do, however I would prefer .psd. 300 DPI is also prefer. Thanks for following up!

ConflictRPG
05-05-2009, 07:03 PM
I would be interested, however I need to go back through my library and make sure things are ok for commercial use (most of them are from the dundjinni free objects library so they should be fine). Here's one example of my work. I can do just about any other style too and could whip up a style like you want here if you would like.

Nomadic, can you email me a few more examples?

Thanks.

ravells
05-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Sorry Conflict...I wasn't clear with my question about poster size, I only asked about the resolution and not the actual size :)

How many inches by how many inches (or cm)?

This will help people when they make their new document to draw your map on!

cheers

ravells

Gamerprinter
05-05-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm a pro mapper with lots of experience and commissions under my belt... my portfolio can be seen here... Portfolio (http://www.gamer-printshop.com/portfolio/portfolio.html)

Plus I run a map printing shop... gamer-printshop.com (http://www.gamer-printshop.com)

Perhaps that could help out your efforts for poster maps as well.

GP

ravells
05-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Nice bit of cross-selling GP! :)

I think your style of mapping would be perfect for this project!

ConflictRPG
05-05-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm a pro mapper with lots of experience and commissions under my belt... my portfolio can be seen here... Portfolio (http://www.gamer-printshop.com/portfolio/portfolio.html)

Plus I run a map printing shop... gamer-printshop.com (http://www.gamer-printshop.com)

Perhaps that could help out your efforts for poster maps as well.

GP

Please send me an email at conflict @ conflictrpg .com so that we can discuss this opportunity further. Thanks (by the way, I sent an email to Michael at your shop this morning!)

Nomadic
05-07-2009, 02:04 AM
Nomadic, can you email me a few more examples?

Thanks.

Can do, sorry I have been delayed. College has kept me a bit busy but I will see what I can get you in the next day or so.

ConflictRPG
05-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Can do, sorry I have been delayed. College has kept me a bit busy but I will see what I can get you in the next day or so.

thanks, looking forward to seeing them.

Nomadic
05-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Sent the link to my steadily growing collection of works yesterday. Just wanted to check and make sure you got it.

ConflictRPG
05-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Sent the link to my steadily growing collection of works yesterday. Just wanted to check and make sure you got it.

Nomadic, I have not received your email. Try again: Conflictrpg@ Conflictrpg.com

Nomadic
05-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Nomadic, I have not received your email. Try again: Conflictrpg@ Conflictrpg.com

Ok I tried again, just in case it didn't get through to you, you can find my portfolio at www.garrettdmorrison.deviantart.com (http://www.garrettdmorrison.deviantart.com). That one has a couple of the closeup maps that I have done. If you'd like another example then give me some specs and I will make you one so you can see my capabilities in the particular style you want.

NeonKnight
05-09-2009, 06:49 PM
I sent an eamil (on the first day), Not sure if you got it or not.

ConflictRPG
05-20-2009, 04:35 PM
All,

I would like to sincerely thank all of you who submitted for this opportunity. Each map I reviewed had their strengths and I was very happy with the turnout.

Today, We had to make a pretty tough decision and I believe we have made the right choice. However, I will be posting again. The Conflict RPG project continues to gain momentum and as we add more funding, more talent will be needed. At that time, I will also reach out individually to the folks who already submitted and give them the first shot at the next opportunity.

Thank you again cartographersguild members

M.
www.Conflictroleplaying.com