PDA

View Full Version : Ozganith & Beyond - The World: Darigon?

Kaejo
05-06-2009, 01:20 AM
Hey folks I'm new to fantasy map-making, not counting what I'd done on construction paper many years ago.

Lurked and learned here for a couple weeks and now I guess I should make a post. My DM wanted to start a new campaign 1000 years inna future of our old d&d world, ozganith, after the sea level receeded. I took his hand-drawn map of the continent we played on and turned it into an entire world.

It's all 100% Photoshop. I got started with pasis's tutorial on mountains, trees, etc then created another usable map for labelling.

-KO

DungeonMasterGaz
05-06-2009, 05:55 AM
Hey Kaejo

A very nice set of maps there. I particularly like the black & white version, and think it has a great fantasy feel. The sort of thing I'd hand out to my players.

I don't use PS myself, but I think you can't go far wrong if you're following Ascension's tut, and it was nice to see the original hand-drawn version too!

Have some rep showing us three maps in your first post.

DMG

Steel General
05-06-2009, 06:14 AM
Welcome Aboard!

That's a great showcase of differnt styles - thanks for sharing!

Have some additional 'rep', *bonk*, and be sure to drop a thread in the intro forum.

Ascension
05-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Yep, these are nice. The only thing I might change is to turn down the blue on the north polar region. The black and white one has huge potential for something very cool.