PDA

View Full Version : VuKovar (city & palace)

jaspertjie
05-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Back again with another city!
This is the city with the imperial palace to the right. The city and its harbor lie across the river Vuko. Also, at the end of the river there is a dam and in the middle of the city is its 5000 year old university (you see we have a lot of time). On the left of the harbor you can see the warehouses, and inside the harbor is also a dry-dock. On the first image is the entire city, on the second image is a statue at the city forum, with wich I used some shadow.
Hope for good replies!

Sigurd
05-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Nice to see the work.

At first glance it seems like an irregular scale. The city has no buildings similar in size to some of the castle buildings? The castle is that much bigger than the city?

Your city buildings seem to have no alleys, roads or pathways.

Sigurd

Gandwarf
05-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Good to see another city Jaspertjie. Your cities always have a unique look and feel. That palace does seem to be huge though. What's up with that?!

The lego in the first shot is a great tocuh ;)

jaspertjie
05-06-2009, 03:39 PM
It's an imperial palace. It's meant to be huge.;) About the lego: That's my small lego magnifier (vergrootglas Gand):D.

eabrek23
10-11-2009, 04:32 PM
This has nothing to do with anything except the name- VuKovar. Hmm, lets see, your avatar is Ratchet, did you by any chance get that from RC2:GC? Vukovar Canyon, Barlow?

jaspertjie
10-12-2009, 02:45 PM
This has nothing to do with anything except the name- VuKovar. Hmm, lets see, your avatar is Ratchet, did you by any chance get that from RC2:GC? Vukovar Canyon, Barlow?

Yes lol you know I like that name very much!

Juggernaut1981
10-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Just as a side thought... as an engineers kid... NOBODY makes triangular buildings before Architects learned about Modern Art... So those nice civilian made shanty houses in the slum district, while easy to fit in, are probably more likely to push against each other than be triangular...

jaspertjie
12-19-2009, 05:37 AM
Did I say it was on Earth?