PDA

View Full Version : Guess I'll say hi now. D:

Sybaronde
05-07-2009, 06:57 PM
I've been registered ever since this site was mentioned on PA, but I finally manned up and started making maps too. >_>

My current ongoing project can be found here (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5431). I'm surprised though. I've been browsing the forums every now and then and I haven't seen that many vector maps. I'm personally a Illustrator-blessed person, so I'm going to make most of my maps in vectors. I intend to do a series of maps related to my personal science fiction setting "Phoenix Eon", to which Maratha Sahn is related. I'll try to do most types of maps in the future. D:

Cheers,

Syb

Steel General
05-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Welcome Aboard!

NeonKnight
05-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

Sybaronde
05-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks. :3

Gamerprinter
05-07-2009, 07:46 PM
All my maps are almost entirely vector based. While I do incorporate 3D objects rendered into map symbols or hand-drawn work that is scanned in. All my coloring, beveling, layering, applied transparency filters, feathering and compositing is done entirely in Xara Xtreme Pro - which is vector based drawing app. Because I'm using images and photographs as textures, often it looks like something created with a raster app such as PS or GIMP. But they are done in a vector app.

Looking at one of my maps, you might not think, "hey, that's a vector map.", but that's the point, I use vector as the tool, the result is just a nice map.

GP

Sybaronde
05-08-2009, 06:44 AM
Interesting. Could you perhaps link me to some of your works?