PDA

View Full Version : Fyråkra

Clercon
05-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Just a small test map using CD3 in combination with PS. The background is done in PS and then imported into CD3. All buikdings and trees are CD3.
Thought I should put it up for display to see if you guys think the hole thing blends well together.

:-)

Steel General
05-08-2009, 07:40 AM
Looks OK to me, if you hadn't mentioned that you used PS I probably wouldn't have known.

Gandwarf
05-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Looking good! I am interested to see what kind of cities you can come up with :)

Clercon
05-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Looks OK to me, if you hadn't mentioned that you used PS I probably wouldn't have known.

That was kind of the idea. I find CD3 great for houses and symbols but completely worthless when it comes to create some terrain. But that could also be me not knowing how to do it.

Looking good! I am interested to see what kind of cities you can come up with :)

So am I :-) My problem is mainly to get time to map....I really wish the day was about 30 h.

Gandwarf
05-08-2009, 10:24 AM
That was kind of the idea. I find CD3 great for houses and symbols but completely worthless when it comes to create some terrain. But that could also be me not knowing how to do it.

Well, the terrain you created in Photoshop in this example could also be done in CD3, so it's not worthless (also depending on the style you want to achieve of course).

However, I do think Photoshop is far superior to CD3 when it comes to more complex terrain.

Clercon
05-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Well, the terrain you created in Photoshop in this example could also be done in CD3, so it's not worthless (also depending on the style you want to achieve of course).

However, I do think Photoshop is far superior to CD3 when it comes to more complex terrain.

Well I think I have to rephrase, I'm worthless when it comes to create terrain for cities in CD3 http://www.cartographersguild.com/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

I have some ideas of some more complicated terrain, but I thought I should go out do something simple first. So I can learn the workflow.

Gandwarf
05-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Hehe...
Anyway, I like the hedges near the houses. That's something I am going to copy some time :)

jfrazierjr
05-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Very cool.... Is it just me, or do most of those trees look pretty square????? Perhaps you could add just a tiny hint of shadow or outer glow to those hedges to give them some body/height?