PDA

View Full Version : Serif Drawplus X3: Anyone Use This?

Piperdog
05-12-2009, 12:13 AM
I searched the forums but couldn't find anything on this. I have been reading reviews on the lates Serif Drawplus and it looks really tempting. Anyon out there have experience on this new one? I have the free Serif Drawplus 4, but this is version 13, and is supposed to have all kinds of bells and whistles. Any input would be appreciated!

Gamerprinter
05-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Ravells, one of the CLs here uses Serif DrawPlus, but I don't know which version.

I use Xara Xtreme Pro, which is very similar, if somewhat more robust, but I don't know about that newest version of Serif.

Ravs, should drop in here in the next day, and respond, I am sure! :)

GP

ravells
05-12-2009, 08:37 AM
And here I am! If you like Drawplus 4, you will love Drawplus X3. What I would do is compare it to Xara (which Gamerprinter uses) to see which works best for you in terms of functionality and price. I was suprised to read this review (http://www.squeakypics.co.uk/blog/tag/serif-drawplus-x3/) in which the author says that (for him anyway) Drawplus was ahead of Xara in terms of functionality. What the author does not mention is that Xara supports photoshop plug-ins and Drawplus X3 does not (I've been begging them to put this in for years). For mapping purposes having filter plug-in support is a huge advantage.