PDA

View Full Version : Nice site here!

Torius
05-13-2009, 12:08 AM
Hello everyone,

I've been playing D&D since the seventh grade and a DM since 8th grade and here I am over 40 still enjoying to game. I've always loved to homebrew my campaigns. In the early days I used Corel draw for rough (emphasis on rough) maps.:lol:

Several years ago I purchased Campaign Cartographer 2 and used it to create overland maps and a city map for my setting. Recently I upgraded to CC3 along with DD3 and CD3 and am impressed so far in the results this program can give.

But as anyone knows there is a learning curve to this program. So in my efforts to learn how to use the program I have stumbled across this guild and it looks just like the place to help me learn:)

Thanks,
Torius

Morgaine
05-13-2009, 02:47 AM
Hey, and welcome!

There's indeed quite a learning curve (quite a steep one for me, with CC, so I'm still sticking to Photoshop). Good luck with taking the next step in such a long-standing hobby.

Ascension
05-13-2009, 03:06 AM
Welcome to the guild. You'll find plenty of stuff here to help you out.

ravells
05-13-2009, 04:03 AM
Good to have you here and hope to see your maps appearing in the WIP forums soon!

Steel General
05-13-2009, 09:07 AM
Welcome Aboard!

NeonKnight
05-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

Gandwarf
05-14-2009, 01:10 PM
But as anyone knows there is a learning curve to this program. So in my efforts to learn how to use the program I have stumbled across this guild and it looks just like the place to help me learn:)

Welcome Torius!

For CC3 and DD3 there are some excellent video tutorials on the Profantasy site, check them out if you haven't already.

For CD3 there are my PDF tutorials :)