PDA

View Full Version : WIP - The Eren Regions - Guardians of the Flame

isomage
05-14-2009, 05:10 AM
Here's a little map I'm doing just for fun, to play with my hexGIMP script. It's a TSR-style hex version of the map from Joel Rosenberg's "Guardians of the Flame" series. The original map has lots of blank, open spaces, and it's been a while since the last time I read the books, so I don't know how to fill in large portions of it. I've used farmland or grassland for now. I've started re-reading, but if we happen to have any series experts here who have any suggestions, their advice would be welcome :)

Anyway, it's not quite finished, but here it is so far:

Steel General
05-14-2009, 06:53 AM
I always liked that style of map, great start.

Guardians of the Flame - I had pretty much forgotten about that series, pretty enjoyable from what I remember of it.

isomage
05-14-2009, 07:12 AM
I wouldn't put it on par with Tolkien or anything, but it's a lot of fun and is one of my favorite fantasy series. I've only read the first five or so books, though; the first is the best, and after a certain main character dies it's just not the same.

And yeah, there's just something about a hex map...

Gidde
05-14-2009, 08:55 AM
Haha, love it ... and love the series, too :) A must-read for any tabletop player!

msa
05-14-2009, 04:24 PM
Very nice, crisp map. I usually don't like repetition but I think the repetitive map tiles look really nice in this context.

Ascension
05-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Love me some old school and this one looks nice.