PDA

View Full Version : Arvandor Map.

Ralthrer
05-14-2009, 05:19 AM
Hello to all :)
Here is a map of my beloved world named Arvandor. Its an ad&d world which iam trying to finish for several years now. It consists of seven continents (One is floating and couldnt really depict it on the current map at least.I've started this one yesterday evening -bought a design tablet recently- and wanted to test it. I liked it and thought to post it to give me some ideas, and comments about what you think or how to improve it :).

PS: I cant find how to attach thumbnails, if someone could help me on that i would be greatful :)

Anyway, here it is :

Gandwarf
05-14-2009, 06:33 AM
PS: I cant find how to attach thumbnails, if someone could help me on that i would be greatful :)

When making a post, click on the "Manage attachments" button. Upload your map and wait until is has finished uploading. After submitting your post the forum should automatically make a thumbnail image of it.

Your map is looking good so far, by the way. Would like to see the places of interest on the continents, of course.

Ralthrer
05-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the help Gandwarf, it seems that i was too sleepy and didnt see the manage attachments button. Anyway, i fixed it. As for the places of interest, its what i plan on doing next, as soon as i find a proper way to add them, blending in a nice way with the rest of the map i mean. Iam glad you liked it so far though ^^.

msa
05-14-2009, 04:27 PM
I really like the textures and the color. I think my favorite feature are the little red trade routes and ships in the ocean, though. Also, nice font.

My main critique is that I think the coastlines are a little drab and uniform. It might look nice if you can create some more variability in the land shape, especially more gulfs and peninsulas, and some variation between the island size.

Ascension
05-14-2009, 04:40 PM
I like the idea of the tree pattern overlay, I think you could develop that into something...something that I can't even describe cuz the idea is just starting to swim thru my head.

Ramah
05-14-2009, 05:03 PM
I have to agree with MSA here. I'm not struck on your landmass shapes or the coastlines. They seem too uniform in size and the coastlines look like you've nibbled away at them with a large, round brush.

That being said, I really like how you are working this map. The artwork around the edges, the book, the faded rose, the runes, the colours and the overall look - everything looks really great.

Steel General
05-15-2009, 06:15 AM
It's a really neat look, I like all of the subtle details; the trade routes, the ships, the faded script at the top, etc..

My one 'problem' is that the land masses (to me anyway) look like torn, burnt parchment laid on top of another piece of parchment.

Ralthrer
05-15-2009, 08:03 AM
Took all things in consideration that you said guys and will try to take it to the next lvl. After playing with the design tablet and some filters got this result. Will do of course the trading routes and try to draw points of interest on the landmass. Hope you will like this more than the previous one ^^.
So, here it is a bit updated:

Steel General
05-15-2009, 09:24 AM
I think this one is much better. :D

Ralthrer
05-17-2009, 04:53 AM
Just a minor update to show you how i decided this to project to continue. Its going slow though, iam not that good in drawing, so besides drawing some elements others are brushes. Iam tumbled though if i should do lots of details or not :S Any opinions or comments are always welcome :).

Ascension
05-17-2009, 07:24 AM
I say more but then I grew up as a teen in the decadent 80s (too much is never enough). I like what you've got going on with your mtns and trees but your rivers are backwards...they don't split as they head toward the ocean they join so put the splits in the mtns and have them join down in the plains (or that lake) then one river snakes its way to the coast.