PDA

View Full Version : Allow myself to introduce ... myself ...

Ryan K
05-21-2009, 07:12 PM
Hi all,

My name is Ryan, I live in Australia, and I am currently building a world for a fantasy series. As for map-building, I have used MS Paint, Photoshop CS and Fractal Terrains - each with varying degrees of success. I'm keen to explore the Guild and see the works of other members, and hopefully make some contributions of my own - as world-building used to be for me a process that helped achieve an outcome, but is now more a passion and an obsession!

See you out there!

Regards,

RK

Gandwarf
05-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Welcome Ryan! So are you writing a fantasy series yourself?

Be sure to post your map creations :)

Ryan K
05-21-2009, 07:43 PM
So are you writing a fantasy series yourself?

I think the keyword is 'trying' to hehe. Sadly, when writer's block hits, my over-analytical mind sends my imagination into a whirlpool that asks all sorts of questions about the religions, politics, cultures, flora and fauna and peoples of the world in which I am trying to express on paper with the written word. So it's all up in my head, intangible thoughts, but I'm bursting to get it all into maps and notes.

The centrepiece of this world-building also happens to be the city which is probably what we think of as the Paris or New York of today's world. I have a rough idea of the elements what I want and need to incorporate, but it's finding the right tools to make it happen. I'm sort of fiddling around with CD2 at the moment, trying to figure it out, but I'm looking into seeing if Illustrator or CorelDRAW could be better.

Be sure to post your map creations :)

Will do :) And thank you for your welcome!

Ascension
05-22-2009, 12:23 AM
Welcome to the guild.

NeonKnight
05-22-2009, 03:45 AM
Welcome to the Guild!

Steel General
05-22-2009, 08:16 AM
Welcome Aboard!