PDA

View Full Version : May/June Lite Mapping Entry: Haradvar!

eadrian
05-22-2009, 12:58 AM
This is my entry, it is just a regional map for my campaign world Erdis that I started working on recently. This is the Western half of the Northern continent, and it's pretty cold! For the regional map here I decided to experiment with a hand drawn (except for the labels) sort of pseudo-woodcut style. I think it turned out alright and will work as a good prop in the game. I hope you like it! Or if you have any other tips for improving it would be appreciated!

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/elliotc2/haradvar2-7.jpg

gorkamorka
05-22-2009, 02:08 AM
Good stuff.

one minor thing. You can see the Copy/paste line around the ship.

eadrian
05-22-2009, 02:23 AM
haha, I'll fix that. Photographing drawings produces quite unreliable lightness/darkness!

Gandwarf
05-22-2009, 05:02 AM
Cool map! Have some rep...

Some critique:
- The font is a bit unreadable I think.
- Your mountains look a bit scattered. If you were trying to create ranged I would place more mountains and closer together.

Anyway, very well done.

msa
05-22-2009, 08:32 AM
Uh oh. I'm up against some very pretty hand-drawn maps in this challenge. Woe is me! This is a very pretty map.

I don't necessarily mind the font, but I agree that its hard to read where it overlaps map features. Maybe a white fade behind the letter to make them stand out? Also, I agree with dorf about the mountains looking a little sparse.

Redrobes
06-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Just putting in a WIP image for the thumbs...

### Latest WIP ###