05-24-2009, 01:17 AM
TARTARUS PRISONER TRANSPORT

Production Information
Manufacturer: Steyr-Gilmar-Baal Ltd.
Class: Maximum Security Transport

Technical Specifications
Length: 53.3 meters (175 ft)
Hyperdrive System: Yes
Crew: 21 (10 Ship Crew, 11 Prisoner Guards)
Passengers: 50 - 100 (Prisoners)
Cargo Capacity: 311.5 cubic meters (11,000 cubic feet)
Maximum Travel Duration: Four Months

Usage
Role(s): Prisoner Transport
Affiliation: Government, Corporate, or Slavers

Gandwarf
05-24-2009, 06:02 AM
Good stuff Turgenev.
I smiled when I read the description... it's a prison transport, but apparantly it transports "passengers" :)

Ryan K
05-24-2009, 06:34 AM
Lovely design, Turgenev. As a Trekkie in continual relapse and recovery, I have always enjoyed looking at sumptuous designs such as this with a caring attention to detail (I always seem to look for the dunnies in starship design.)

On a side note, and I'm not sure if this would interest you at all, but there's a site called www.projectrho.com (I think), and this guy (uber-nerd x 10 to the power of 25) has this excellent section called 'So You Want To Build And Atomic Rocket?' and there are chapters and chapters of resources with regard to building a 'working' spaceship. Just thought if you were looking to step it up a notch, that site could be a real eye-opener :)

Turgenev
05-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Good stuff Turgenev.
I smiled when I read the description... it's a prison transport, but apparantly it transports "passengers" :)
I'm using the term of passengers to mean not the regular crew. Besides, the prisoners are passengers - unwilling passengers perhaps but passengers all the same. :lol:

I'm going to edit that entry because I forgot to put the phrase (Prisoners) after the Passenger numbers. ;)

Turgenev
05-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Lovely design, Turgenev. As a Trekkie in continual relapse and recovery, I have always enjoyed looking at sumptuous designs such as this with a caring attention to detail (I always seem to look for the dunnies in starship design.)

On a side note, and I'm not sure if this would interest you at all, but there's a site called www.projectrho.com (http://www.projectrho.com) (I think), and this guy (uber-nerd x 10 to the power of 25) has this excellent section called 'So You Want To Build And Atomic Rocket?' and there are chapters and chapters of resources with regard to building a 'working' spaceship. Just thought if you were looking to step it up a notch, that site could be a real eye-opener :)
That's serendipity for you. I had just discovered that link about a hour before you posted. LOL! I did a google search for the moon rocket from the Tintin books and I found the site that way. That is a great link and I was going to post it in the General Discussion section for all to see. I also got some nice pics of the rocket in question. I'm very tempted to do a retro Sci-Fi Rocket design.

Ascension
05-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Like one of those old Flash Gordon rockets with the fins n stuff? That'd be cool.

Turgenev
05-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Like one of those old Flash Gordon rockets with the fins n stuff? That'd be cool.
Yup. Basically something like this:

http://paratime.ca/images/scifi/Tintin4.jpg http://paratime.ca/images/scifi/Tintin3.jpg

Gandwarf
05-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Oooh, TinTin. Or Kuifje as he is called over here :D

ironmetal250
05-24-2009, 09:39 PM
DUDE
This is really awesome
Reminds me of metroid-style ship maps I used to draw (of course they weren't as good)

Turgenev
05-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Thanks ironmetal250. I have to admit that I find your avatar slightly disturbing. I'm not sure if it is the various colours or because its a dancing gojira. :P

giantacroyear
05-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Awesome! This ship (and the others you've been doing in this series) totally reminds me of the Terran Trade Authority books I had when I was a kid. Very inspiring!

http://www.khantazi.org/Rec/TTABooks/TTABooks.html

Cheers,
giantacroyear

Turgenev
05-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks giantacroyear. While I have never read the Terran Trade Authority books (which is a shame because they sound sound like my sort of thing), I have seen that cover art before. I also have an art book called Heroic Dreams that has some very similar style SF art in it. It has been years since I last looked at that book so I think I will have to dig it out and flip through it again for some inspiration.

ravells
05-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Fantastic stuff Turg! Glad to see it finished and shining. The level of detail is exquisite!