PDA

View Full Version : The East by TheRedEpic

TheRedEpic
05-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Hye everyone, been a long time since i posted, and just wanted to get back in on the guild by posting a personal commission map i just finished. I have many many others, though most i can't put up do to contractual issues, though i am proud to say that i now do alot of work for Paizo:)

Enjoy.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/Stormcrow135/TheEast.jpg

~Jared

misteradam
05-26-2009, 12:13 PM
impressive!

Sigurd
05-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Lustrous!

I like the mountains and the almost illegible writing(s).

Sigurd

Gandwarf
05-26-2009, 02:03 PM
That's some very fine work. Have some rep!
Mountains and colors are really cool as is all the extra stuff, like the seal.

There's some weird thing going on with the rivers though? They seem to be splitting a lot :)

torstan
05-26-2009, 02:04 PM
This a wonderful map - and well done on the paizo work - that's phenomenal news, especially for them :)

Great stuff, and saved for inspiration.

Steel General
05-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Neat stuff...

Ascension
05-26-2009, 04:39 PM
The first thing that I noticed was the fonts, looks like Lightfoot (I switched my current map fonts from Bolton to Lightfoot last night) so I'd say excellent choice there :) Those mountains are awesome and the colors make it pop in all the right places. Excellent stuff.

TheRedEpic
05-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Haha, yes indeed it is Lightfoot. I really like the font, it is fantastical, but not too much so, broad but not too imposing, and very useful. Thanks everyone for your compliments on my work, i should have some more stuff posted up soon for everyone to look at:)

~jared

overlordchuck
05-27-2009, 11:16 AM
That's really great. I love the seal at the bottom.

Gandwarf
05-27-2009, 02:42 PM
But the rivers... I see two deputies of the river police, but not one of them commenting?! :D

Turgenev
05-27-2009, 03:14 PM
That's an impressive map. A bit busy but not overpowering. Very nice.

Ascension
05-27-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't question the rivers as these are done for commission so I assume that the dude who is paying has some reason for them being that way. If there was a wip for it then we'd all point it out. In the end, for me...gray industry pro + finished map = it's supposed to be that way. In my business I always squabble with customers over things but since they're paying I do what they want...if they want orange and purple hummingbirds then I give them orange and purple hummingbirds.

Gandwarf
05-27-2009, 06:03 PM
In my business I always squabble with customers over things but since they're paying I do what they want...if they want orange and purple hummingbirds then I give them orange and purple hummingbirds.

This sounds suspiciously like my job :D

TheRedEpic
05-27-2009, 07:31 PM
haha, well honestly, i agree with you on the rivers, they are a bit too black, which is a result of the inking process. I could lighten them up in photshop and make themn less harsh, and i usually do a lighter and kinder river type instead. These were just inked in in the inking process. I'm learning from every piece i do, just like everyone else.

Thanks again for all the comments. I may go back in and take out the saturation from the top of the map since that seesm to be the most disruptive element in the pieces, and has been a major critique point here on the guild for many of my other works...

~Jared

Ascension
05-27-2009, 08:15 PM
We were actually referring to that river that goes from coast to coast and also has big splits that aren't near the coast (near enough to be a delta).

Feralspirit
05-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Another River from coast to coast in tThe Empire of the Zaari, but hey, who's counting, right, ;).

Beautiful Work, nonetheless.

TheRedEpic
05-28-2009, 10:29 AM
lol, yeah i suppose there are alot of coast to coast rivers, but hey, the land is unique right?

Depassage
05-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Very nice work. Very inspiring.

IngIngsvar
05-29-2009, 07:20 AM
This is AMAZING! I think, IMO, that this is the best map you've done so far!

Immolate
05-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Definitely an eye candy map. I'm glad to hear that Paizo is investing in talent of your caliber.