PDA

View Full Version : Continent for my D&D campaign

pickaboo
05-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Hi all, as I was bored I did this up from some scetches. This continent for a rpg is going to see some action since we have already found that there are the dwarves, drow and dragons living in the mountains as well as several towns of undead. Also humans inhabit various areas but I tend to think we're a bit boring :) Our game has been happening in the lower left corner of this continent so I did it also with scale indicators and areas in which each race is dominant. Didn't mark any cities yet because I'm lazy planning them and it hasn't been an issue in the game yet.
I generally use 1px==1km scale with my larger maps for clarity.

I am currently thinking about naming conventions for major landmarks and ended up using monsters and probably a few internet jokes.

knightvision
05-31-2009, 10:33 AM
Was this map made in GIMP?8)

pickaboo
05-31-2009, 04:32 PM
No, in Photoshop. And it was 30 degs celsius outside, my hands were all sweaty from using the mouse..

Weero
06-05-2009, 02:04 AM
The only thing that's itching me about this map is the lakes, and how they seem to be deeper than the ocean...have you tried different contrasting on them? Or simply a lighter colour.

And about the Khaled-Mardam Bay, I see what you did there. :P

pickaboo
06-05-2009, 02:22 AM
The thing with the lakes is that they usually look almost black on satellite while oceans have brighter colors and reefs. I have been organizing a conference so there's been very little time to refine this map but maybe the weekend will give me some time :)