PDA

View Full Version : Agraan

Steel General
06-01-2009, 12:17 PM
OK, I've been asked by Spazzle to take this over from Lathorien since his PC hemorrhaged on him.

Here is the latest update based on feed back I've received from Spazzle;

No major changes really - adjusted the course of the river, added a bit of noise to the oceans, expanded the foot hills near Port Warden, added the location of an important mine, and added a compass rose at the bottom.

Spazzle
06-01-2009, 01:36 PM
looking great!

Steel General
06-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Version 2-1 posted at top.

Added other labeling, expanded foothills more in various places, and added temperate forest area.

Gandwarf
06-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Gokstad? That's "gambling town" in Dutch :D

Nice to see this unfold!

Spazzle
06-01-2009, 03:10 PM
its looking great! The only edit I would request is to change the symbols for Bafra and Suryan to anchors instead of circles. Otherwise, everything is as it should be. A really top notch job, Steel~

Steel General
06-01-2009, 04:11 PM
its looking great! The only edit I would request is to change the symbols for Bafra and Suryan to anchors instead of circles. Otherwise, everything is as it should be. A really top notch job, Steel~

Thanks... I'll make that change tomorrow as I'm at home now and the file is on one of work PCs

Ascension
06-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Lookin good bro. The only thing that I see is that the northern forest is kinda all the same green, a new layer of clouds on top of that should tweak that out. Good stuff.

Steel General
06-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Lookin good bro. The only thing that I see is that the northern forest is kinda all the same green, a new layer of clouds on top of that should tweak that out. Good stuff.

That's a good point, I did multiple layers for the jungles I probably should do the same thing with the forests.

Steel General
06-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Just a couple of minor updates;

1) Swapped a couple of city symbols per request
2) Tweaked the forests and jungles a bit to break up the 'single-colored-ness'

Spazzle
06-02-2009, 11:10 AM
looks fantastic, thanks!

overlordchuck
06-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Gokstad? That's "gambling town" in Dutch :D

Nice to see this unfold!

That, and it's right by the Faroe Islands, real-world islands that I think are part of Denmark. All in all, Khor sounds like a sweet place :D

Spazzle
06-02-2009, 04:32 PM
heh heh - I grabbed my influences where I could!

Unfortunately, I'm just not the linguist that Tolkein was, so I'll settle for "norse sounding"... :-)

But its cool to know that Gokstad means "gambling town" - I'll have to consider what that may mean in game... :-)