PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Germany

Liathach
06-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Hello,

First I must apologize for my bad English.

I was on the search for new ideas and stumbled about your site.

I draw my maps with the Campaign Cartographer 2
and currently I try the trial version of Fractal Mapper.
But mainly I draw my maps by hand or with paint.

Korash
06-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Well, welcome to the Guild. The best place on the web for learning mapping techniques. :D

If you have already drawn some maps, post them up in the Work In Progress Forum and we are more than willing to give friendly critiques and suggestions as to how you might improve them. I say might because the maps are your vision, and we can only suggest, and it is up to you to say what works :)

If you need inspiration as to ways of doing maps, the Tutorial Forum is a great place to pick up tips. For styles, you should check out the Finished Maps and Cartographers Choice forums for what can be done and how they did it.

The best way to learn is to post the maps you are working on and try out some of the suggestions that are sure to come.

BTW, we need more Hand Drawn maps!!!! ;)

Ascension
06-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Korash pretty much covered it all so I'll just add my "welcome" to his. Oh, and don't worry about bad English, we don't all speak it here...there are many different languages here so hopefully you will feel right at home.

Steel General
06-01-2009, 10:51 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Turgenev
06-01-2009, 11:36 PM
Welcome to the Guild, Liathach.

NeonKnight
06-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

Immolate
06-02-2009, 07:35 PM
I bet your English is better than my Deutsch :)

Welcome to the forum!

Redrobes
06-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Welcome and stick a pin on the map. Link in sig below - or ! - now on the Miscellaneous menu item above. I'll copy this for our Dutch friend too...

'Member Locations' below or 'Miscellaneous / Guild Member Locations' above.