PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Maine

thesnoman
06-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Just wanted to say hello from Maine. I'm an avid RPGer, from D&D to UO I think I've at least tried most of them.

I'm currently working on my own campaign world and design most of my maps from scratch. Currently I am working on D&D 3.5e, but will most likely work everything into Pathfinder when it is finally released.

Hopefully this is the right place to find new ideas, helpful hints on use of cartography software, and maybe a few tips and tricks for integrating everything all together.

As I build my campaign world, I hope I can provide a few tricks that may not have been figured out yet.

Regards,

TheSnoMan

Korash
06-04-2009, 12:15 PM
In answer to your question.... YES this is THE place to find info and inspiration on drawing maps of any kind and or style. :)

We have a forum just full to the brim with tutorials for many progs and on even more subjects. We also have forums where people display their Works in Progress and show off their Finished Maps. For true inspiration you need to check out the Cartographer's Choice forum as well.

Look around and see what you like, and don't be afraid to show what you got be it maps, techniques or even (or especially) C & C. We are quite the friendly bunch here so don't be afraid of getting your head bitten off for stating that some thing does't work for you. Just be polite about it and maybe say why.

See you in the WIPs :)

Steel General
06-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Ascension
06-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Korash pretty much covered it all so I'll just add in my welcome :)

NeonKnight
06-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

ravells
06-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Good to have you here, Snoman! Looking forward to see you strut your stuff!

Immolate
06-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Hi Snoman. I was born in Maine (Portage). My father's family is from there. Glad to have you on board!