PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Kuebassaare, Estonia, for a WWII RPG

vehrka
06-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Hello everybody.

I'd like to show my next map at least some of the snapshots while I'm still working on it.

It would be used in a WWII RPG adventure I'm also working on, and of course some ideas and indications would be appreciated.

I'm currently working with Inkscape, probably will add some final touches with GIMP.

Bests,

Albrechtw4
06-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Google maps satelite image has a lot of inland water. Is there a reason you didn't include that? i.e. it wasn't there in the '40s.

I don't really have any criticism. The colors work well, everything is clear, and the gradient on the land looks good. Can't wait to see more.

vehrka
06-10-2009, 04:17 AM
Google maps satelite image has a lot of inland water. Is there a reason you didn't include that? i.e. it wasn't there in the '40s.

Probably I'll include the water in the next step, with some constructios and I'll also try another symbol for the roads.

Thanks for your comments.

vehrka
06-18-2009, 04:02 PM
I haven't been able to spend much time on this map, so I'm progressing very slowly.

I've added the water ponds and the bunkers.

Probably at this point I'll jump to GIMP and try to give better textures to the sea, the land and the forests .

Afterwards I'll come back to Inkscape and set the "military" touches (landing areas, enemy units...)

ravells
06-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Orson Scott Card pretty much nailed the internet and its power to reach the masses in the second 'Ender' book, 'Speaker for the Dead'. Shame the book itself was so awful.

vehrka
06-18-2009, 06:53 PM
@ravells: ehhh.... yes? O_o!

Well, some work done with the forests, the water, the buildings and the land.

I don't like the aspect of the ponds... hummm... some ideas will be appreciated.

Next step will be probably the roads.

ravells
06-18-2009, 08:00 PM
LOL! Sorry, mean to post that on the traveller forum which I had open at the same time...I was wondering why it didn't come up there!

I really like your map so far, it's nice and crisp and the textures and colours work well with each other.

Greyhind
06-20-2009, 07:44 PM
I also dislike the ponds, they are green. Although they should be a different colour from the sea they might be better in a different shade of blue rather than a sort of turquoise

vehrka
06-21-2009, 07:42 AM
Thanks for your comments, I'll try with some "blue" variations and post the results.

Bests,