PDA

View Full Version : Confusing Instructions

crackerjake
06-13-2009, 02:38 PM
When I first started using Gimp, I did so to make some dungeon maps. I went to a website to get some instructions. Well, as I was going through, I hit a rough spot where the instructions didn't work. I had it figured out and finished my maps. Now that I'm using it again, I've forgotten what I did!

http://forums.rpghost.com/showthread.php?t=42788&page=1&pp=25

The instructions can be found when frrisus makes his posts. I'd ask there, except I don't think they're active anymore.

Anways, I get into trouble at step 21, Gimp won't let me do a bucket fill at this point!

Can anyone help me?

crackerjake
06-14-2009, 12:59 PM
hellooooo?

Alecthar
06-14-2009, 01:44 PM
I might try to follow those steps in a bit to give you an answer, but off the top of my head:

Are you selecting by color on the right layer? Are you selecting by color on the right color? Are you bucket-filling in the selection? Have you tried doing an "Edit > Fill with FG Color" for the selection?

Feralspirit
06-14-2009, 08:34 PM
I've had enough problems with bucket fill that I just don't use it anymore. Select the desired area, and drag the desired color into it, or the layer on the layers dialogue (it will only fill selected areas).

jfrazierjr
06-14-2009, 08:38 PM
I've had enough problems with bucket fill that I just don't use it anymore. Select the desired area, and drag the desired color into it, or the layer on the layers dialogue (it will only fill selected areas).

hmmm... better yet, fill the entire layer and use a layer mask. :P

Feralspirit
06-14-2009, 08:49 PM
A new layer will also give you all of the blending options the above described method doesn't, and yes, layer mask gives you more options still. Hope that helps, :).