PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Experiment

Feralspirit
06-14-2009, 06:25 PM
I've been experimenting with textures on a different scale and resolution (I've been working with 30pixels=5', 300 ppi). I'm not certain the change of resolution has yielded the results I was expecting (not that I was sure about what to expect). So, presented for C&C, Shrine (or maybe Temple) of The Crawler Below, Level I.

Text explanatory notes regarding my concealed doors, the sheer rock face, and the one secret door on this level (so secret it's not even visible on this map, mhua, ah, ah...) will come with room numbers. Tell me what you think.

Edit; Resolution was altered to upload, but 1 hex is still 5'.

Ascension
06-14-2009, 08:04 PM
This looks good dude. Now take it to the next level...see those steps? Do some dodge/burn and give that flat floor some depth. If you can get that floor to looks as cool as the steps then this will look killer.

Feralspirit
06-14-2009, 09:24 PM
Not sure I follow you. Are you talking about texture, or a heightmap?

Ok, Dodge/Burn suggests Heightmap.

Feralspirit
06-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Something like this?

(Also cobbled the bridge, but not sure if I did it very well. May have to rework it.)

Ascension
06-15-2009, 12:43 AM
Gettin there. I'd go with something a bit more defined, ya know, make some platform type places and some really sunken places.

Steel General
06-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Coming along nicely... You may want to think about lightening and/or lowering the opacity on the hex grid, it tends to dominate things a bit.