PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!

LadyMerlin
06-15-2009, 07:43 AM
Newbee alert.

I've never made a map before but I thought it would add something interesting to my role play site. I run a BBC Merlin site, kinda strange I guess. Anyway, I wanted to create Camelot so I wondered around the internet. Can't wait to look properly and see what else I can do with mapping.

Thanks for the awesome stuff here.

LadyMerlin

Redrobes
06-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Ahh but there are so many Camelots and Avalon Isles aren't there. Glastonbury, Tintagel, South Cadbury then theres some Irish and Welsh ones too not forgetting those in France. So it will be interesting to see what you have in mind.

Welcome BTW - nice to have you here.

LadyMerlin
06-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the welcome.

Yeah, that is correct but it's based on a TV show and so we've adapted what they've mentioned, i.e. castles, markets, forests, lakes... Simple stuff for character reference. xD

Not clever enough to add in all that.

Steel General
06-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Welcome Aboard!

Redrobes
06-15-2009, 01:23 PM
If your specifically referencing the BBC Merlin Camelot then you might as well use the location castle from it. There's plenty of public domain versions of the plan of Pierrefonds castle about. The best seem to be in the wiki commons.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?search=Pierrefonds

NeonKnight
06-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

LadyMerlin
06-15-2009, 03:03 PM
Thank you Redrobes.

Thanks for the welcomes! xD

ravells
06-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the guild, Lady Merlin! Couldn't sneak a Cartographers' Guild reference into the next series by any chance? :)

LadyMerlin
06-15-2009, 06:10 PM
The site isn't in affiliation with the show so unfortunatly not. :) I'll be crediting the tut on my site though if that makes any difference?

Sigurd
06-16-2009, 12:20 AM
Good luck LadyMerlin.

May you make many maps and never be encased in stone\tree. ;)

Stay away from Lord Morgan La Fay.

There are 4 major RPG resources that I can think of. You have probably heard of them.

Pendragon - multiple books of Arthurian Goodness

WW16711 - Relics and Rituals III - Excalibur
Sword & Sorcery Studios - Might be out of print

Legend of Excalibur
RPG Objects - Charles Rice - Fairly true to Malory IMHO

APL0912 - I, Mordred
Avalanche Press - not particularly good

ravells
06-16-2009, 04:04 AM
The site isn't in affiliation with the show so unfortunatly not. :) I'll be crediting the tut on my site though if that makes any difference?

LOL, I was just kidding. Have you got a link to the site? It would be nice to see.

LadyMerlin
06-16-2009, 06:58 AM
LOL, I was just kidding. Have you got a link to the site? It would be nice to see.

Keep the Magic Secret (http://z13.invisionfree.com/KTMS/index.php)

It's only a free-forum host site, nothing fancy. lol.

And thanks for all those links.