PDA

View Full Version : National Road Map - Isengrim

Katerek
06-16-2009, 08:58 PM
I originally posted a version of this map in my homebrew map thread (link in my sig) but I made a few changes recently and decided to post it here, since it is actually done. The compass that was originally on here, as it turns out - I apparently had stolen it from a Ptolus map. I wanted to remedy that, so I replaced it with the same compass I recently used for my Opal Island map.

This was done in Photoshop, by hand. There is no WIP thread because I did it before I ever got courageous enough to post anything on here. The naming conventions will seem familiar to some I suspect, that is because this particular area of my campaign world has historical ties to both Ravenloft and Greyhawk. I hope this doesn't present an issue. Also, a few of the towns I incorporated on this map were taken from Dungeon magazine so that when I ran the relevant adventures it would be more organic.

Enjoy.

Steel General
06-17-2009, 06:37 AM
Neat... I think the only thing that doesn't really appeal to me is the background of the title. But that's just a preference thing and doesn't take away from the work you've done.

RobA
06-17-2009, 01:17 PM
The road strokes could use some anti-aliasing so they'll look less jaggy. How did you create them?

-Rob A>

Katerek
06-17-2009, 03:44 PM
The road strokes are just lines I drew using the Pencil option in Photoshop. To be perfectly honest, I don't know what you mean by anti-aliasing. I am completely self-taught so I don't know a whole lot about the programs I use until someone points something out or I figure it out on my own. What does anti-aliasing do and how do I play with it?

RobA
06-17-2009, 04:45 PM
I don't know photoshop well, but try using the brush tool rather than the pencil tool. It should draw with soft edges rather than the hard edged the pencil tool produces.

-Rob A>