PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

vilehenchman
06-17-2009, 08:14 AM
Hello there! I've been playing D&D for a few years now and have finally decided to give the DM life a chance. I was searching the web for several map-making tools and came across this forum while looking for a world generator. When I saw some of the works produced by other members, I became awestruck. Some of the maps here are truly astounding! When I discovered that some of the very same maps were created using Gimp, the only editor I currently use and am still a novice, I felt compelled to try it for myself. I'm looking forward to fleshing out some world concepts and attempting to use them in future campaigns.

Steel General
06-17-2009, 08:53 AM
Welcome Aboard!

NeonKnight
06-17-2009, 09:41 AM
Welcome to the Guild!

Korash
06-17-2009, 12:28 PM
If you are new to the Gimp, you need to check out the Tutorial forum. :)

Find RobA's tut on creating an artistic regional map. This tut covers quite a bit of GimPs techniques and will help you along quite a bit. Once you start making maps, post what you have done every few days or so and we are very willing to offer suggestions as to how to improve or correct problems that may crop up. Don't be shy, cause we are a friendly bunch here and we do not torch or ridicule any thing posted. Just good friendly C & C with the creation of awesome maps as the end goal.

Follow the above advice and before you know it, your maps might be among those featured on the front page of this sight ;)

Ascension
06-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Welcome to The Guild. Now git crackin! ;)

lynx_child
06-18-2009, 12:12 PM
Welcome! I am fairly new myself :D

ravells
06-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Great stuff, vilehenchman (and great nick too!). If you're already familiar with Gimp, you're already ahead of the game! Looking forward to seeing your maps!