PDA

View Full Version : let me introduce myself ...

teef
06-24-2009, 05:42 AM
well met fellow mapsters,

i'm new to cartography stuff. been working on a fantasy world for a couple years now, did a lot of PnP mapping, got tired of the endless redoings, decided to try a software approach.

recently started using ProFantasy stuff, just Fractal Terrains so far. very much pleased with this approach VS the PnP way of doing things.

hoping to glean some world-building hints and helps here.

~~teef

Later: was pointed to an excellent FTPro tutorial by the designer, waldronate (http://www.cartographersguild.com/member.php?u=746): Tutorial for Cartographer’s Guild (http://www.ridgenet.net/~jslayton/CGTutorial/index.html). _VERY_ helpful for FT noobz.

Alfar
06-24-2009, 07:17 AM
Welcome aboard!

Steel General
06-24-2009, 08:04 AM
Welcome Aboard!

Look around, try some of the tutorials, ask questions, post up some of your work!

We don't bite! :D

NeonKnight
06-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Welcome to the Guild!

teef
06-24-2009, 09:19 AM
thanks everyone. i'm trying to get started with the world-building thing using Fractal Terrains. anyone know of a good noobie guide for this?

i've got some moderately detailed ideas for parts of my world but i like the randomness that FT introduces for the parts i haven't settled on. that said i can't really figure out how to do what i want in FT, hence the request.

i've watched the tutorials for CC3 -- which i also have and expect to port my FT world into it -- and was hoping for something like that with with FT ... but no joy yet.

more questions than answers i'm afraid. :oops:

Gandwarf
06-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Welcome to the guild teef.
Seeing your nick was a bit weird for me... teef = bitch in dutch. Ah well :D

teef
06-24-2009, 04:44 PM
... teef = bitch in dutch.

:o whoopsy! actually it comes from my initials, TF. just to clear the air though i promise to keep the teef-ing to a minimum.

ravells
06-29-2009, 07:40 PM
In England teef is wot you 'ave in yer mouth if yer from Essex.

Welcome to the bleedin' Guild!

töff
06-29-2009, 07:43 PM
teef = bitch in dutch And I felt kinda silly for "töff" meaning motorscooter in German.

Well met, teef!