PDA

View Full Version : The Caverns of Igthal...revised

psyekl
06-27-2009, 10:49 PM
I had mentioned briefly in another post that I often revise my drawings several times before settling on a final draft. While this is not such a big deal with my AutoCAD maps, it is a significant undertaking with my hand-drawn works. What makes it all worth while is the amount of improvement I achieve on the redo.

This map is from a game I ran many years ago. I enjoyed it so much that I continued to develop the cavern complex. The first map was made a few years ago on vellum graph paper using Koh-I-Noor Rapidograph pens, the second was just completed on Bristol board using the same pens. enjoy!

vman3force
06-28-2009, 01:51 AM
inspiring! its wonderful to see so much fine detail. on the other hand, my wrist aches just from looking at the crosshatching on that second one...

psyekl
06-28-2009, 02:09 AM
Strangely, I find crosshatching, stippling and other tedious patterns to be relaxing; I'm able to spend hours just doing repetitive strokes with the pen without ever getting bored. My mind tends to wander so I often find myself finishing large areas without realizing how much time has passed.