PDA

View Full Version : [taken]-[paid]World Map for Video Game

Zenfar
06-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Greetings,

I am looking for a world map for a fantasy video game I am making, it needs dungeons, cities, cool areas, names, etc. Must be original and fun, your know evil crypts, dwarven strongholds, etc. If it goes well I may need other maps.

I love this site, but my artistic skills have their limits so I need help to make this a quality job. Also I need the labels to be large and easy to read.

Commission:
* Paid, I am happy to pay $50 for the map, via PayPal, I am an indie developer

Time Constraints

* 2 Weeks

Style

* In the style of the one from Using GIMP to Create an Artistic Regional RPG Map (Thanks to RobA for the excellent Tutorial)

Description of Map

* I attached what I have done so far, I am programmer not an artist, feel free to do something different :D

Quality & Size

* Professional or semi professional
* Dimensions of map: 1280x720 pixels
* I would like it in gimp with layers so I can turn off cities and dungeons, names, etc.

Copyright -

* I will have copyright of the map

Thanks for considering this job!

Zenfar (Glen)
http://www.zenfar.com

jfrazierjr
06-30-2009, 03:04 PM
What's the scale? This will be a huge factor in determining how dense item placement should be. Also, it appears that you are looking to give the artist freedom to create locations with no input from you other than the basic map shape, is that correct?

Zenfar
06-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Scale is about 2 miles per pixel, but that is flexible. I want about 3-5 dungeons, one major city, 2-4 towns, 4-5 cool places to explore.

I want to give the artist complete freedom, they don't even have to follow the basic shape. I am an indie developer because of the freedom and I think that is what makes the whole process fun.

ravells
07-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Hi Zenfar,

If you're that flexible about what the map should look like, it might even be worth finding one that fits your needs that's already been drawn and sending a pm to the author as to using it.

Zenfar
07-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Good idea. But if anybody is still interested let me know, also I wouldn't mind having a few dungeon or town maps if anybody is interested in doing those.

Gandwarf
08-02-2009, 07:26 AM
Are you still looking for takers Zenfar?
Not that I am going to do the map... but if you are still looking, I just bumped your thread. And if you aren't looking it would be nice to know.

Ascension
08-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Oh heck, I forgot to update this. He's using my Charedon map. Fixed.